• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

Applying for a job, sending a cv in as requested, getting a message back saying go to our website, which I do, I then have to fill in application forms with exactly the same things as on my cv that they’ve already looked at.
Really fucks me off, and defeats the point asking for cv’s imo, so now I have to spend an hour or so filling the forms in, and they don’t auto save either, so if I leave the page, I have to start over

The current trend amongst the media, celebrities, politicians, the ‘well educated’, to say tuh instead of to.

Going the other way here obviously, but the real big difference is actually how small the change is between high summer and the depths of winter. June sunset is about 5pm. December its about 8pm. And no real twilight to speak of. Sun drops below the horizon and it is fully dark in about twenty minutes.

Now at the point that it's dark when I leave to drive up to Leeds.
Soon be dark for the whole journey there and back.
hate the dark nights. Sorted the bike lights out at the weekend. This month is ok on bright days, but will need them when it is grey.

Having spent 3 weeks in eastern/central Europe in August (21 days of 30 degree plus heat), it's been horrible coming back to such cold temperatures (TBH it's been horrible coming back to the UK which feels really shit in comparison to the places we went but that's another rant for another day).

A pet hate of mine is anyone who says "I can't wait for those cold autumn nights". What the fuck is wrong with you? Why would you want to be cold? Autumn is shite - I hate fireworks and Halloween holds no interest for me as I'm not 10.

Roll on next summer.

I'll resist the urge to post I can't wait for...... but I enjoy all of the seasons to be honest - They all have their plus/minus points and I also enjoy changes in the food of the seasons.

Positives
Spring - the regrowth of plants, smell of mown grass, blossom, the occasional warmth.
Summer - Warm sunny days.
Autumn - Colours on the trees can be fantastic
Winter - Crisp frosty mornings, the chance of snow, the festive season.

Negatives
Spring - Sharp showers, fluctuating temperatures.
Summer - Humid heat when working
Autumn - Gales, rain, the sun rising later and setting earlier.
Winter - Damp and miserable weather and heating costs.

Having spent 3 weeks in eastern/central Europe in August (21 days of 30 degree plus heat), it's been horrible coming back to such cold temperatures (TBH it's been horrible coming back to the UK which feels really shit in comparison to the places we went but that's another rant for another day).

A pet hate of mine is anyone who says "I can't wait for those cold autumn nights". What the fuck is wrong with you? Why would you want to be cold? Autumn is shite - I hate fireworks and Halloween holds no interest for me as I'm not 10.

Roll on next summer.
You should move to Cairns

Winter - hot, rains a bit
Spring - hot, rains a lot
Summer - fucking hot, doesn't rain very much
Autumn - fucking hot, rains a bit

All with the occasional added cyclone.

I'll resist the urge to post I can't wait for...... but I enjoy all of the seasons to be honest - They all have their plus/minus points and I also enjoy changes in the food of the seasons.

Positives
Spring - the regrowth of plants, smell of mown grass, blossom, the occasional warmth.
Summer - Warm sunny days.
Autumn - Colours on the trees can be fantastic
Winter - Crisp frosty mornings, the chance of snow, the festive season.

Negatives
Spring - Sharp showers, fluctuating temperatures.
Summer - Humid heat when working
Autumn - Gales, rain, the sun rising later and setting earlier.
Winter - Damp and miserable weather and heating costs.
Do you live in a part of the UK where there is summer?

Where is that?

Roll on next summer.

I like Autumn in certain parts of the UK, it's brilliant in Scotland. There's no charm to it down here though.

Used to get pretty down in the autumn as it just felt like a mightily long drag until the spring when it started warming up again. Then used to get pretty down if the spring took a while to get going and eventually just about ready to do yourself in if you were staring at the longest day and summer hadn’t got going either. Can’t be going on like that.

Do feel more connected to the seasons and nature generally now which really helps. Try and keep my head up on walks and observe and appreciate what’s happening and having a hobby that gets better the wetter and muddier things get really helps too. Don’t get me wrong, much prefer the summer and it’s a battle keeping spirits up when it’s cold and dark but I suppose if we can’t change the seasons we’ve got no choice other than try to get the best out of the bits we see struggle with. Not easy though and with the cost of heating and all of that mullarkey, it’s no wonder a lot of people get pretty down in the winter.

Back