• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New - The things that really annoy you

Talking of tinnitus, I’m due an upgrade on my current hearing aid, new ones have got Bluetooth, phoned West Park and they told me I was due an upgrade and said, ‘we’ll put you on the waiting list’. :(

Talking of tinnitus, I’m due an upgrade on my current hearing aid, new ones have got Bluetooth, phoned West Park and they told me I was due an upgrade and said, ‘we’ll put you on the waiting list’. :(
Sorry, I didn't know you actually do have hearing issues

While I’m on, starting every sentence with ‘so’, ‘from the get go’ and the Home Counties version of room, ‘rum’.
Ought to get that bullshit bollocks thread resurrected from years ago.
You can add the word, like, in the middle of, like, any sentence at, like, any random time.

"Should of"
Bugs me as well but at least it's an actual phrase with people getting the one word wrong through complete ignorance. Off of means absolute nothing, especially when you get utter twats from Radio 1 saying things like "Dave Grohl off of the Foo Fighters".

I had to go to New Cross with Mrs DW for something a few months ago (it's all fine) and in the waiting room they were playing Radio 1. I probably haven't listened to it out of choice in 20 years, I stopped more or less when Mark and Lard left.

My. Fucking. Word. That "music". Indescribably awful. Not even just "this isn't really my cup of tea", just genuinely abysmal, for a solid 45 minutes.

Always hated the phrase "I'm not being funny but....."

Nope your not, your being a twat and I'm not going to like what your about to say.

I can assure you we don't say that here in leafy Royal Hertfordshire and I can't say I've noticed it elsewhere. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Ha, room is probably pronounced rum naturally and you’ve never noticed. ;)
unlike round here where it’s likely to pronounced ‘rooam’.

I’m in a group chat for my son’s football team and some of the parents will write ‘is’ and ‘as’ instead of ‘his’ and ‘has’. It really bugs me.

I had to go to New Cross with Mrs DW for something a few months ago (it's all fine) and in the waiting room they were playing Radio 1. I probably haven't listened to it out of choice in 20 years, I stopped more or less when Mark and Lard left.

My. Fucking. Word. That "music". Indescribably awful. Not even just "this isn't really my cup of tea", just genuinely abysmal, for a solid 45 minutes.
Yeah Mark & Lard and then for a while Colin & Edith was the last time I listened to Radio 1. As you say it's genuinely godawful. Thankfully all those old Radio 1 DJs mostly moved over to Radio 2.

I'd rather watch actual frogging than listen to radio 2

I can assure you we don't say that here in leafy Royal Hertfordshire and I can't say I've noticed it elsewhere. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Seeing as I spend nearly every weekend down there I can assure you some do!

The latest football thing where they start sentences with 'yeah no'. Our Gazza does it as does Harry Kane

Back