• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather we do this that just sign someone from Mendes' stable. It's a risk though, no doubt about it

I'd be happy with Beale, I think as someone else said, if only for the quality of memes if it all goes wrong

What are the chances of him turning us down? :D

• Haha
Reactions: b3h
More seriously he seems to know football and isn't a dick so that's two big boxes ticked.

What are the chances of him turning us down? :D

The Athletic lot seem pretty confident saying it'll move quickly now.

He might want to delete his Twitter feed when he's manager though...

QPR playing Cardiff tonight - if they win they'll go close to the top of the table .

Their record this season before last Saturday was very good and then they lost badly to Luton on Saturday . Maybe Beale's mind was elsewhere in the leadup to that match , who knows .

Listen - if we're going to appoint him , then let's do it tomorrow .

Didn’t Beale himself say “no contact has been made” about 24 hours ago? How has he suddenly become our top target if he’s not even had an interview? Unless he was lying, but you’d expect him to be cagey/illusive when asked the question, rather than outright lying (if he had indeed been interviewed).

Either way, I’ll have to bow to other peoples knowledge on his suitability. I don’t know much about him. Have a horrible feeling some of our players may scoff at him as he’s not a big name (I.e. getting the respect from day 1 may be difficult), but I hope not.

Edit; just seen the Athletic report says no contact has been made. I’m confused how he’s now our top target without even speaking to him.

Can't recall where I saw an interview with him in the last 24 hours , but if you were a QPR fan you'd be livid with him not removing himself from the speculation . He denied nothing .

He denied being spoken to but didn't deny the situation, it was quite an odd interview and one that wouldn't fill me with confidence if I were a QPR fan.

QPR haven't exactly scored a heap of goals this season . 20 for , 16 against .

Ah well , we're well used to that .

He also said him and Les Ferdinand had an "honest conversation" but didn't go into detail as to what that entailed - could easily have been "I'm committed to QPR but if Wolves come seriously knocking I'm off".

In fairness to him, he has done quite well with a fairly bobbins squad there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back