• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Kit Thread - slag off what you want in here

Tbf, based on the white levels in that photo, it probably didn't look like that in real life.
it did
3bcb106f176031f13ba0d42ea047f06d.jpg

That's looks overexposed too. Looks different here
c1ca17251ff7dfd3c5b551eeeea2ba00.jpg

That colour isn’t “old gold”. Which is why the debate is stupid. It’s a faded mustard colour.
Old gold is a red herring. Apart from the rust kit in the early 90s we've not worn anything like it since the late 50s.

Can you find me a pic? Other than an example on “historical kits” I can’t find a true picture.

I did find Billy Wright wearing last years shirt though

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/79/0d/a6/790da657131d4cbae9dd156bb476ae27.jpg
You'd need someone older than me to confirm as all the colour photos are black and white and recoulored. The yellow ones I think were produced for the floodlit friendlies as they showed up better for tv. I think this is about right, maybe a bit light/orange. Van Wolfie can probably help
8c44d5689dcc6bfd17d2ba3d06536939.jpg

Thanks. Now I don’t really know what “old gold” is and can only go off what google tells me. Now off that old gold is a horrible colour and I don’t think we’ve ever worn it I wouldn’t say that kit or the rust kit 20 years ago were old gold. They were copper/bronze/rust!

The only kits we seem to have worn which could be classed as old gold are the pre 1930s ones.

Your eyes see differently to mine then

The one you've quoted here looks a much "deeper" color (closer to orange, that is).

As long as they're in the ballpark, I don't see much issue, tbh. As I've pointed out before (partly just to be an ass, obviously), our "traditional" colors would really be the blue and white hoops of St. Luke's. No doubt that would go over like a lead balloon these days.

ahh the tiresome old gold vs orange argument, the most annoying yearly debate that takes place in the kit threads

ahh the tiresome old gold vs orange argument, the most annoying yearly debate that takes place in the kit threads

At least the collar has had a year off

That looks like someone has just made the home shirt colours negative? Hoping it’s a fake!

Looking forward to our new signing being revealed in that :D

I don't know, what is it?

Perhaps we could start singing keep right on?
The colours and badges aren't consistent so probably someone pissing around

Oh ar, the badges are all over the place. I've been done, as you were xx

Why would you even believe that in the first place you donut?

I haven't worked for 4 months, my brain is basically a mush of redbull and crisps, now.

Back