• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Kit Thread - slag off what you want in here

Hi Andy
B3-D563-B0-E520-4-E2-B-8055-4-AF5-B6903-D04.jpg

Spot on!

Because we have a big money deal with Adidas who just churn out the same crap design for a number of teams just changing the colours badge and sponsor.

Yeah, I know that. I just had Kellogg's Idealism for breakfast and think that with a bit of effort we could do so much better

Completely baffles me why clubs don't have a comp to let fans design the shirt and then vote on it. Would generate great PR, make sure fans were onboard with it and possibly give a leg up to the career of a young designer

Because that would inevitably lead to nostalgic fans just voting for the 93/94 strip again and again for the rest of time?

That way ‘Molineux’ kits lie.

We have to accept we are probably no longer the focus market for Wolves kits - an adidas deal opens up their sales channels overseas and means we can sell shed loads in Mexico for example.

Because that would inevitably lead to nostalgic fans just voting for the 93/94 strip again and again for the rest of time?
Our tasteless heretics tend to go for the far inferior 94-96 version of that kit, which was more yellow, had a shit pattern woven into it and was of a scratchier material.

You can't trust people.

Because we have a big money deal with Adidas who just churn out the same crap design for a number of teams just changing the colours badge and sponsor.

Unless you become mega huge then you get to tell Adidas (or whoever) what kit you want rather than pick from the usual 5 or 6 designs for the season

Short sleeved keeper top being sold this time, just for Dan

BL6GUGEV6BGFJOASKSVPVH5KBQ.jpg

Just had a quick look, £40 for a kids top and they still can't narrow down the sizing to the standard of pretty much any other clothing company in the world!

Great to see Raúl wearing it.

Like the kit a little less though... That panel on the shoulder is proper shit.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Hope to see that sort of picture happening quite a lot next season!

So our kit launch budget was a couple of photos of Raul taken in his front garden.

We're going to put Joao Moutinho in that monstrosity. It's like giving Rachel Stevens a bin bag to wear.

It's 100 times better than this season's kit, so that's a plus.

However, I'm not a fan of the black sleeves or the pattern on the front, and while we have that monstrosity of a sponsor, I won't be buying anything with that on it.

Few different shades of orange/gold/yellow whatever you want to call it going on, the two tone pattern on the shirt, blank panel on shoulders beneath stripes, the stripes on the shorts and then for some reason gone darker orange for the stripes on the socks rather than black.

Makes it all look a bit Sunday League where a kit is cobbled together over the years as bits get wrecked and are replaced by the closest possible match from another years range.

It's not horrendous but it's just a bit muddled, there's too much going compared to that original simple Adidas design from a couple of years ago, which despite Dan's disliking for the colour is still the best looking Wolves kit of my life time.

The Leicester/Bordeaux Adidas template was clearly the simplest and best, so why have we picked that monstrosity?

Does the sponsor deal finish at the end of the 20/21 season?

The Leicester/Bordeaux Adidas template was clearly the simplest and best, so why have we picked that monstrosity?
Jeff's making the decisions. Did you see the stuff in the Chinese club shop?

Back