• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Kit Thread - slag off what you want in here

I quite like it. I'll probably get it - though I still hate the sponsor, and have done on all our shirts since Silverbug.

The more I look at it, the more I am tempted to try a Silverbug one. I'm only a skinny thing, surely I can fit into the 15-16 year old top :icon_lol:

Is there anything with quite the same level of reflexive conservatism as reactions to shirt designs? Even relatively sensible people will entirely dismiss anything that doesn't look like a shirt from thirty years ago.

As a piece of design, that shirt's better than anything we've had for a decade or more, bar the first Adidas shirt. I don't massively like the pattern, but the colours are nice, and I like a black sleeve.

I really liked both the colour and the design of last season's and didn't mind this season's too much. This new one is somewhere between the two for me.

So if we are playing away on the proverbial cold Tuesday night in Swansea and the players wear long sleeves, will the sleeves be all black? That will look bloody awful

Looks better on the website as the black sleeves aren’t so big.

So if we are playing away on the proverbial cold Tuesday night in Swansea and the players wear long sleeves, will the sleeves be all black? That will look bloody awful

No long sleeves anymore (someone pointed it out to me on here re last seasons)

Count yourselves lucky - my other love is Leicester Tigers - next season, you can either be a maypole or look like you’ve been to a toddlers’ painting class.BA0CC699-CB47-43B3-AB54-C63E3AC8507F.jpeg8CF05533-C6A3-4BA9-97FE-35584B4404AA.jpg

It's much better than this year's effort and the colour looks like it's back to the first Adidas one which I like. It's just that fucking awful sponsor...
It isn't back to the first Adidas colour as it's not yellow.

I’ll take a look when I’m next in the clubshop (if they have them in) I wasn’t too happy last year with preorder and took mine back due to a wonky manbet. Then found most of the ones on the rail were also wonky. Tried to explain to a disinterested shop assistant that if I was spending £55 it wasn’t too hard to expect a level shirt sponsor.

It isn't back to the first Adidas colour as it's not yellow.
It wasn't yellow :)

I thought it looked more like the colour of the W88 one in the pictures but who knows, the lights they shine on the kits for photos make them look different.

I also presumed that was the colour Adidas worked to as the gold trim on this seasons away kit exactly matches the colour of last season's home kit (I have no idea what this season's home kit colour was supposed to be as it seems to be a weird mix of several shades).

I don't like it, way too orange for me

Hi Andy
B3-D563-B0-E520-4-E2-B-8055-4-AF5-B6903-D04.jpg

Completely baffles me why clubs don't have a comp to let fans design the shirt and then vote on it. Would generate great PR, make sure fans were onboard with it and possibly give a leg up to the career of a young designer

I’ll take a look when I’m next in the clubshop (if they have them in) I wasn’t too happy last year with preorder and took mine back due to a wonky manbet. Then found most of the ones one the rail were also wonky. Tried to explain to a disinterested shop assistant that if I was spending £55 it wasn’t too hard to expect a level shirt sponsor.

That's the thing you could just about stomach £55 if it was top quality but they're not the replicas sold to fans are Chinese sweat shop shit at best. Loads of stories of ununiformed fitting, wonky lettering, poor stitching etc

Completely baffles me why clubs don't have a comp to let fans design the shirt and then vote on it. Would generate great PR, make sure fans were onboard with it and possibly give a leg up to the career of a young designer

Because we have a big money deal with Adidas who just churn out the same crap design for a number of teams just changing the colours badge and sponsor.

Back