• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Kit Thread - slag off what you want in here

Adjust the size of the font to suit, would just give you the classic Goodyear or Sportingbet effect of a single line of text. Looks a lot better than a big splodge of a logo in the middle of a shirt.

I’m sure they considered it but must have wanted it to be be bigger.

Personally I don't see a great deal of difference between the two aesthetically.

If you want to get into the ethics of each company I'd say that's a rather different conversation. Not without some merit, obviously.

I was talking aesthetically, to me there is a world of difference. The ManBet logo is a fucking mess, as a part time graphic designer (far from professional may I add) I struggle to see who would design that and think "Yeah, that looks class", it lacks all of the basics for an impact advertisement and really doesn't lend itself to a football shirt. The Fosun one is much cleaner and simpler and looks far, far better.

I don't think there's any reason to debate the ethics, I'm sure the vast majority on here would rather see some other form of company on the front of our shirts and over time I'm sure we'll see the back of betting sponsorship.

Away top arrived today and (ShitSponsorX aside) I really like it. Fit is the same as last seasons kit.

Away top arrived today and (ShitSponsorX aside) I really like it. Fit is the same as last seasons kit.

What about quality, considering that you returned the home shirt

Each to their own. 70.quid for a football top is not a good use of money to me.

Portuguese clubs ask for more. Which is insane considering the minimum wage is here something around 600€/mo.

Examples:
Benfica

Sporting

Porto

Once tried buying a shirt from my town club (Olhanense from Olhão) and they asked for 70€. Not sure if they were in the second tier or already on the Portuguese first league but they have since got relegated to third tier and had the shop close. HA!

Going to drop my phone in bleach now, for opening Sporting & Porto sites.

Official Barca store had the kids kit (shirt, shorts and socks) including name and number at €94.

Adults shirts were €90 inc name and number.

we shouldn't be holding up Barcelona as an example though, football aside they are an awful club.

What about quality, considering that you returned the home shirt

The reason I returned the home top was nothing to do with the quality of the material. I just didn't like the shirt

10 years ago the wife went on her hen do to Amsterdam and she came back with an Ajax shirt for me. That set her back 90 Euros and at the time the Euro was around 1-1 with the £

10 years ago the wife went on her hen do to Amsterdam and she came back with an Ajax shirt for me. That set her back 90 Euros and at the time the Euro was around 1-1 with the £

Yeah, it's crazy everywhere. I was surprised when I first went to the UK and could find original football kits for 40 odd pounds.

A side note on the new kit. I only noticed last night the Coin Deal sponsor logo is on there. Pretty sure last season you could have that added as an extra at £5. So with the shirt rising in price, have they included that as if to justify the extra £6?

I’m sure coin deal probably had something to say about it. We are paying you money but we’re getting minimal exposure...

Picked up my away shirt this morning from the shop and love it (didn't love the heat to walk in however). Nice breathable material, embroidered Adidas logo looks great, Wolves badge great. Shame about the sponsors but I'm always of the opinion that sponsors look pretty rubbish anyway.

My new (genuine) home shirts arrived from Ali Express. Coin deal logo included. Tagged, bagged, bar coded, Climalite, made in Thailand. $17.00. Lovely jubbly. Just waiting on the away shirts, as they weren't available until a few weeks later.

My new (genuine) home shirts arrived from Ali Express. Coin deal logo included. Tagged, bagged, bar coded, Climalite, made in Thailand. $17.00. Lovely jubbly. Just waiting on the away shirts, as they weren't available until a few weeks later.

What's the colour like? I saw some on Twitter that looked as yellow as last seasons kit (being sold off a stall in China)

What's the colour like? I saw some on Twitter that looked as yellow as last seasons kit (being sold off a stall in China)

The background's not as yellow as last seasons kit, with the darker dot pattern superimposed over it.
Prefer last seasons tbh.
If anyone decides to chance one, make sure you check the size charts! Asian sizes differ to UK.
I ordered a L and an XL, L is a bit tight for me although I take a large in a lot of other shirts. The son will get the L, Xl for me!

Back