• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Matchday Thread - Wolves v Owls

It's depressingly clear who Lambert is referring to when he talks about the squad being too big.

Welcome to 2015 again folks.

Such positivity. Hopefully those at Molineux get behind Lambert and the team.

How very patronisingly condescending of you.

When the midfield served up on paper looks like vomit, people will moan.

Quite clearly we are all hoping to be proved wrong - so get down from your high horse.

Can't see anything other than a Wednesday win with that starting XI. I think it would be harder to get a worse team out

Just got in the SB and its rammed already.

Hmm far from inspiring - I don't know what Cav has done wrong but let's see what happens rather than ranting and raving over the line up before a ball is kicked in what's only his 2nd match?

If we play shit and the usual suspects don't turn up again then rant and rave away...!

People aren't upset about this line up because we might lose to Sheffield Wednesday, just like they didn't boo Danny Batth because he had a shit first 20 minutes vs Derby.

We might win today, we might even play really well doing it. Even if we do it wont change how disappointed I am in the direction we seem to be heading.

A dull, uninspiring team selection from Lambert.

Quite why he's picked Saville again is anyone's guess; there's simply no need it with Coady and Price already providing the defensive shield in midfield. I don't care if he's our top scorer in 2016, that's because we've been rancid.

The proof is in the pudding though, I suppose. If he can embark on a winning run with the likes of Saville, Doherty and Coady in the team then hats off to him. I just can't see it happening.

It's depressingly clear who Lambert is referring to when he talks about the squad being too big.

Welcome to 2015 again folks.

At least we'll have a good team spirit.

Quite clearly we are all hoping to be proved wrong - so get down from your high horse.

Ok

Saiss for Coady and Cav for Saville and that team starts to look better

I was already worried about his needing 'players who know the league' comments. Our best performers this season have been the foreigners - better players in every respect.

Why the flock can we not play our best players in their best positions, it beggars belief, is it written into each managers contract to pick work and cart horses!!!!!

I'll be the first to say it....may as well have kept Jackett

I can understand the exasperation from Frank as much as the frustration from those disappointed with the line up TBH.

It's only PL's 2nd match in charge and it looks like the 'protect the back 4 and don't concede early' tactic is still being favoured. I can deal with that so early in his tenure but I would hope and assume that this is very much a a short term strategy whilst he settles in.

Too much outrage from both sides here..

So here's a parrot riding a bike..

I can understand the exasperation from Frank as much as the frustration from those disappointed with the line up TBH.

It's only PL's 2nd match in charge and it looks like the 'protect the back 4 and don't concede early' tactic is still being favoured. I can deal with that so early in his tenure but I would hope and assume that this is very much a a short term strategy whilst he settles in.
I also don't have a problem with that in principle. My issue is he's gone a step further back with Edwards for Bright. That change could have opened up the chance to play Cav as you are shoring up the middle. As it is it's Costa or bust creativity wise.

It is tough to stay positive with team selections like that.

I also don't have a problem with that in principle. My issue is he's gone a step further back with Edwards for Bright. That change could have opened up the chance to play Cav as you are shoring up the middle. As it is it's Costa or bust creativity wise.

Edwards has played well recently though so I understand that change. Agree totally with your last sentence - I'm not agreeing with the line up at all BTW.

Back