• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City Carabao Cup Build Up Thread

Yeah, it's a load of shite tbf. You don't need to make your three subs in 90 minutes. Last season if you'd used two in 90 and and a third in ET, that wouldn't be a problem, so neither is this.

Sky are in wanker mode this morning again. Man City 9 changes, De Bruyne, Sane on the bench... Oi wankers we never played Neves, Jota, Saiss, Boly.. Our reserves took your first team to penalties..

At least Talkshite have given us a lot of credit. Mike Weddurburn on sky sports in the morning is a big Man City fan but then again he’s only reading the auto que.

Im glad Aguero didnt get his record breaking goal after we got leaked commentary of the commentator practised his Aguero is record breaking speech before the game.

Reading through the laws on the subs it could be interpreted either way so nothing will come of this whatsoever.

Honestly still couldn't feel prouder to be a Wolves fan right now, i know we lost but that was better than Liverpool for me. That City side is in a different parish to the Liverpool side we played and we gave it as good a go as anyone will this season. Every single one of them gave everything and those that are not first choice put down their markers.

Norris - A couple of errors notably when he scuffed it straight to Aguero but redeemed himself with a fantastic save and made several other vital stops and claims throughout. Like many have said if Ruddy ever loses form or gets injured/suspended we have a goalkeeper more than capable of filling in and maybe even take over as number 1.

Bennett - I think he's a bog standard championship centre half but my god he gave everything tonight in a position that definitely doesn't suit him. Defended excellently and got forward well a few times. Was treading water at the end but that was understandable. Think if we need him to will always do a job.

Batth - Excellent really making several tackles/blocks and just being there. Looks so much more comfortable on the ball while realising he isn't a ball playing centre half. Does need to stop the grabbing and pulling in the area though as he will give away penalties. Ref missed a couple that he could quite easily have given.

Coady - What a transformation it has been from the Coady we signed to this one. Couple of poor passes but they are going to happen when you try and play the way we do now and so often gets round on the cover. Has to play right now.

Hause - After the first 5 minutes when he made two poor passes you would have thought he had been in the side every week. Comfortable on the ball, strong, defended brilliantly in particular two blocks in extra time after Sane had pulled it back. Could easily play in our first choice back three.

Vinagre - Won't have played against someone as good as Sterling before and he struggled for 20/30 minutes but then came in to his own. He was so good by the end that you can forget the first 20 minutes and recognise that he is going to be top class if he wants to be and he doesn't have bad luck. Got forward more and more too and like previously mentioned the bit of skill in ET was outrageous, just a shame his ball across wasn't better. He's first choice now for me.

N'Daiye - He was everywhere and probably the one player that probably should get more recognition than he will get from last night. Got forward if we needed him to and then sprinted back so many times. No worries if he ever has to start or come on as he can play as well as use his physical attributes. Slipped and was absolutely shattered by the time he had to take his penalty.

Price - Not as mobile as N'Diaye but vital too. Protected the back four of someone that has been playing every week like several others and put strong tackles in when needed. Looked to play as much as possible and again while there were a few poor passes they are going to happen when you play like we do.

Costa - Still not anywhere near the Costa from last season but it is coming. I think his chance was the best of the night but he just couldn't get it out of his feet. One good sign is that the second half he put in a couple of proper sprints that i hadn't seen from him yet so he is getting more confident in his ankle. Will be vital as the season goes on.

Marshall - Wasn't the best start for him and had he been quicker he would have had a great chance. Another who got better as the game went on and slipped Costa in neatly and made one fantastic break only to fall over but is the one in the attacking players that we don't really need.

Bright - As i've previously mentioned i don't think his one-on-ones were that easy and think his chance when he was running at the one defender left and tried a chop was the easiest but he over complicated it and lost the ball. Take away those chances though and he was the best player on the pitch for both sides. Won headers, held it up well to bring others in to play, played passes at the right time and it took a couple of good interceptions to stop us getting in a few times. We've got a lad here who could be phenomenal as he literally has everything technically and he is learning and improving decision wise. If he continues he could be some player in 2/3 years.

SUBS

Cav - Worked hard and did his fair share if defensive work and took the pressure off us more than once. Could have gone at their defenders a couple of times but decided not to which was slightly disappointing but another player who is so important to us.

Ronan - Started nervously and 2 or 3 poor passes but in the second half of extra time he was immense. Defended excellently against Sane more than once and broke a couple of times in to dangerous positions either with a great run off the ball or good work with it. Would prefer he gets game time over Marshall.

Bonatini - Not the same threat that Bright was because he hasn't got the pace but in games where we are going to dominate and he can push defences deeper he's so vital. He's just a top footballer who understand the game and has everything technically that you would want from him. Took his penalty well again, waiting until Bravo committed.

Nuno is an absolute magician and i just can't see how we don't get promoted. We've proved over the last few weeks that we can do it in so many different ways and with different players. He's made players who looked poor or average look great and i can't wait to see what he does when we continue to get better and better players. Also credit to the fans who were loud and stayed with the team from minute one. The sky highlights start with the Nuno chant to Hey Jude ringing it and it's great to hear, makes my hairs stand up. I said last night and again at the start of this post i'm proud to be a Wolves fan and that's due to the work Fosun and everyone else at the club have done since they came in and i can't wait to see where it takes us.

He played great, but he is always too causal in front of goal yet never executes it. Someone needs to have a word and tell him to start putting his foot thought the ball more.

If only we still had Deano in charge to teach him...

Bright was outstanding apart from his finishing, just scary to think put Jota on those one on ones and we've knocked the best team in the country out on there own patch. I hate ifs buts and maybes :-(

Honestly still couldn't feel prouder to be a Wolves fan right now, i know we lost but that was better than Liverpool for me. That City side is in a different parish to the Liverpool side we played and we gave it as good a go as anyone will this season. Every single one of them gave everything and those that are not first choice put down their markers.

Norris - A couple of errors notably when he scuffed it straight to Aguero but redeemed himself with a fantastic save and made several other vital stops and claims throughout. Like many have said if Ruddy ever loses form or gets injured/suspended we have a goalkeeper more than capable of filling in and maybe even take over as number 1.

Bennett - I think he's a bog standard championship centre half but my god he gave everything tonight in a position that definitely doesn't suit him. Defended excellently and got forward well a few times. Was treading water at the end but that was understandable. Think if we need him to will always do a job.

Batth - Excellent really making several tackles/blocks and just being there. Looks so much more comfortable on the ball while realising he isn't a ball playing centre half. Does need to stop the grabbing and pulling in the area though as he will give away penalties. Ref missed a couple that he could quite easily have given.

Coady - What a transformation it has been from the Coady we signed to this one. Couple of poor passes but they are going to happen when you try and play the way we do now and so often gets round on the cover. Has to play right now.

Hause - After the first 5 minutes when he made two poor passes you would have thought he had been in the side every week. Comfortable on the ball, strong, defended brilliantly in particular two blocks in extra time after Sane had pulled it back. Could easily play in our first choice back three.

Vinagre - Won't have played against someone as good as Sterling before and he struggled for 20/30 minutes but then came in to his own. He was so good by the end that you can forget the first 20 minutes and recognise that he is going to be top class if he wants to be and he doesn't have bad luck. Got forward more and more too and like previously mentioned the bit of skill in ET was outrageous, just a shame his ball across wasn't better. He's first choice now for me.

N'Daiye - He was everywhere and probably the one player that probably should get more recognition than he will get from last night. Got forward if we needed him to and then sprinted back so many times. No worries if he ever has to start or come on as he can play as well as use his physical attributes. Slipped and was absolutely shattered by the time he had to take his penalty.

Price - Not as mobile as N'Diaye but vital too. Protected the back four of someone that has been playing every week like several others and put strong tackles in when needed. Looked to play as much as possible and again while there were a few poor passes they are going to happen when you play like we do.

Costa - Still not anywhere near the Costa from last season but it is coming. I think his chance was the best of the night but he just couldn't get it out of his feet. One good sign is that the second half he put in a couple of proper sprints that i hadn't seen from him yet so he is getting more confident in his ankle. Will be vital as the season goes on.

Marshall - Wasn't the best start for him and had he been quicker he would have had a great chance. Another who got better as the game went on and slipped Costa in neatly and made one fantastic break only to fall over but is the one in the attacking players that we don't really need.

Bright - As i've previously mentioned i don't think his one-on-ones were that easy and think his chance when he was running at the one defender left and tried a chop was the easiest but he over complicated it and lost the ball. Take away those chances though and he was the best player on the pitch for both sides. Won headers, held it up well to bring others in to play, played passes at the right time and it took a couple of good interceptions to stop us getting in a few times. We've got a lad here who could be phenomenal as he literally has everything technically and he is learning and improving decision wise. If he continues he could be some player in 2/3 years.

SUBS

Cav - Worked hard and did his fair share if defensive work and took the pressure off us more than once. Could have gone at their defenders a couple of times but decided not to which was slightly disappointing but another player who is so important to us.

Ronan - Started nervously and 2 or 3 poor passes but in the second half of extra time he was immense. Defended excellently against Sane more than once and broke a couple of times in to dangerous positions either with a great run off the ball or good work with it. Would prefer he gets game time over Marshall.

Bonatini - Not the same threat that Bright was because he hasn't got the pace but in games where we are going to dominate and he can push defences deeper he's so vital. He's just a top footballer who understand the game and has everything technically that you would want from him. Took his penalty well again, waiting until Bravo committed.

Nuno is an absolute magician and i just can't see how we don't get promoted. We've proved over the last few weeks that we can do it in so many different ways and with different players. He's made players who looked poor or average look great and i can't wait to see what he does when we continue to get better and better players. Also credit to the fans who were loud and stayed with the team from minute one. The sky highlights start with the Nuno chant to Hey Jude ringing it and it's great to hear, makes my hairs stand up. I said last night and again at the start of this post i'm proud to be a Wolves fan and that's due to the work Fosun and everyone else at the club have done since they came in and i can't wait to see where it takes us.

from what i saw second half onwards, a very good analysis. Just can't believe the transformation with all the players currently in the squad. very proud indeed to be a supporter now.

I can see him doing a Bale tbh, and being moved further up the pitch

Not the case last night as City were obviously forcing us back but the way Vinagre plays the LWB position he's basically a winger anyway. Could definitely see him move into one of the front 3 at some point.

Didn’t appear Bright tried to put it through his legs to me. Just the crappy side foot finish he always tries and fails at (did it Home last season in front of the North bank, can’t remember the opponent). Just needed to whip the last one across the keeper into bottom left (or whip it round him to right, literally anything other than what he did).

He played great, but he is always too causal in front of goal yet never executes it. Someone needs to have a word and tell him to start putting his foot thought the ball more.

I made a comment about Bright in the heat of the moment last night and got criticised by quite a few people (despite saying in the very next post he's "been brilliant"), so you're on dangerous ground here :icon_lol:

In all seriousness, you've knocked the nail on the head. As good as Bright was, he simply *has* to be finishing one of his chances. I'm not going to criticise him or any of our side after a performance like that - to a man we were unbelievable - but we had the chances to win the game and having done all the hard work himself, if Bright had kept his composure with at least one of his shots, we would have been talking about knocking the best team in the country out of the cup this morning.

No one seems to have mentioned it yet - perhaps Bright is better suited up front? With 2 runners off him. Rather than at RF/LF where he hasn't got the runners off him as it's often Leo one side and Doherty just behind him.

Also guessing all is good with him and Helder's todger.

I see Man City twitter account is claiming they beat their wins on the bounce record.

What did everyone make of Punjabi Wolves and their Dohl in the away end last night?

I enjoyed it, thought it added to the atmosphere. I was right up the back though, not sure how happy id have been if I was right next to it.

Back