• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City Carabao Cup Build Up Thread

He's quality, but Douglas for now is first choice. Though Baz does need to up his game a bit.
This Baz has been off the boil recently. Vinagre should at least be giving Baz a boot up the arse.

Ronan was brilliant

Ronan was poor when he came on until he seemed to come to life in extra time and was really good for us on the break. Another who just needs more games as he is so talented.

The boys did us proud tonight, stand out's Norris and Bright but everyone dug in and battled. Loved the couple of tussles Ronan had with Sane in both cases coming away with the ball.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Ronan was poor when he came on until he seemed to come to life in extra time and was really good for us on the break. Another who just needs more games as he is so talented.

I love it when he knocked it past their fullback who was blowing out his arse - great awareness

Superb performance. We could have won that easily but for Bravo. I thought Bright was excellent, what great ball control and strength. I will be very disappointed if anyone says anything negative about him after his performance tonight.

What a fantastic team performance from Wolves. The whole Club will be lifted by that.

We frightened the life out of Man. City and it will be interesting to see the reaction of Guardiola who is usually straight talking in his assessments.

Missed the first half but saw a handful of highlights then caught the 2nd and extra time. Actually disappointed not to have won, which is a remarkable thing to type even now.

From what I saw (bearing in mind the above)

Norris, Vinagre and N'Diaye all very good I thought. Vinagre *has* to be signed. Bright was the standout though. Hard to be too harsh on him for the last chance, he ran himself into the ground before that chance then had to sprint half the pitch with a fresh De Bruyne on his heels.

Ronan was mostly good when he came on, although some of his passing was sloppy. Oddly effective defending against Sane for some reason?!

Things we can work on individually for sure and some lessons will (hopefully) have been learnt but they fully held their own tonight, to a man. Well done all.

-edit- 1 thing I did forget, unfortunately Helder still looks pretty short on confidence. Hopefully it's just something he can recover with playing time but equally he's not going to get in the team on merit at the moment - bit of a tricky one.

Brilliant performance, everyone of them can hold there head high tonight, our reserves have a win and a draw away to Prem opposition so far this season, not bad. Shows the strength in depth we have, Norris cant be far away from pushing Ruddy for a starting spot and Ruddy is good.

Brilliant management & coaching effort as well, to have basically a scratch side that organised and well drilled to keep City at arms length for 120 mins is an outstanding effort, it wasnt as if it was the Alamo the whole game either, team played to a tactical plan and carried it off superbly

Have to say you will have to wait a long time to see a better set of penalties then the City ones, (feeling of deflation when you realise they need to score the next penalty to win, and then the camera pans to Aguero stepping up)

Not feeling the love for The Wolves after being so negative - Teams coming into the prem' and playing like that will set our game back years. How we had almost the same number of fouls as them I'll never know - Ref' was a disgrace (again) -- They played like a bunch of belligerent bullies -- perhaps we wouldn't be so complimentary if their negative, spoiling tactics had knocked us out and it could only have been 0-1 -- They play like that in the Prem' n they'll (hopefully) go straight back down. Our youngsters did well under the circumstances --- ten men back for most of the game -- nah!

^from Blue Moon. Lol.

Any City fan who thinks we went to park the bus clearly doesn't watch his side very often. We spent so much time in our half because we weren't often allowed to get out of it! To our credit, we didn't (Bennett once or twice aside, whom I'd be happy never to see in a Wolves shirt again) resort to the type of tactics we've seen less talented sides descend to at Molineux this season, but defended resolutely and effectively, creating good chances on the break that on another night could have embarrassed the home side two- or three-nil. Really proud to support Wolves tonight. And I wonder whether, when we look back on our season in May, we'll think that perhaps an honourable defeat was the best possible outcome from this game. Heads held high, and no further distraction from a competition that means little and that we'd anyway be unlikely to win. I'm happy to defer the glory hunting until after we're promoted.

Proud of the lads tonight. Really impressive performance.

Tonight felt like a victory whereas Saturday felt like a defeat

Proud to be a Wolves fan tonight. We were outstanding from back to front Nuno has really change the whole dynamic of the squad including the second string. The likes of Batth, Doherty, Coady and even Bennett tonight who was brilliant. The kids like Bright, Ronan are all getting better under Nuno and the coaches. I love this team and Nuno is one of the best managers we've ever had even if he's only been here a few months..

That was superb to watch, and I would say we really should have won.

Hause was particularly fantastic I thought, I'd have him in for Danny at the weekend if Willy isn't fit yet.
I don't think Norris made any fantastic saves (possibly the one at Aguero's feet, but then he created that problem himself), but he looked very confident and an excellent challenger for Ruddy.

Costa looks short on confidence, he had a few chances to run at people that he passed up, and him of last season buries that chance.

Bright. Well well well. I guess today is why so many people are so divided on him. He was awesome at times, great close control, tricks and flicks, and deserved the praise he was getting from my commentator. However, he had no end product again! He really should have scored at least one. I will cut him some slack for the final one though as he was out on his feet. Such an enigma.

If he finished one, he'd be MOTM absolutely no question. As it is, I'm gonna go rogue and say Hause.

Overalll though, I just thought that was a magnificent performance against a team who have sliced apart all previous opponents.

Listened to it on the radio,didn't sound like we were outplayed,not many teams this season will get a 0-0 at City,and could have won it as well.
Aguero didn't get the record breaking goal,which seemed to disappoint Sinclair on the commentary,he was so biased in the commentary,but eventually came round to the fact that we gave city a game,all credit to nino Santa esperto(according to Sinclair anyway)

I see Pep is being his usual classy self. Blaming the ball for being too heavy.

Nuno <3

Just a shame Miranda couldnt get on at the end, surely primed for a penalty. I think Nuno was pissed at the end because he couldnt get on, could it have changed any of the fortune in the shootout Im not sure.

Wouldn't have affected Alfred's slip and at that point I think Bravo was fully his old self and was going to win them the shootout.

Back