• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2016-2017

Quite a good read that,

My favourite post,

"Need to get some perspective. A player comes in, does well, has a few really good games and everyone starts calling him God and shitting their pants in case Real Madrid or Rotherham come in for him.
Then he has a bad game and the shock from the realisation he's not really God, he's not even Chris Morgan, means that he's fucking rubbish."

Prince Oniangue (SC Bastia, Ligue 1) - Played a full game on the right again in a 1-1 draw vs Caen.

Jed Wallace (Millwall, League One) - Came on for the last 20 minutes to help Millwall record a fine win over Watford. Booked for timewasting.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Sheffield United, League One) - Game against Oxford postponed due to the Cup.

James Henry (Bolton, League One) - Subbed after 70 minutes in a disappointing loss at home to ten man Charlton.

Hakeem Odoffin (Eastleigh, National League) - Played 90 minutes in a 1-0 loss at home to Woking. Cleared a shot off the line

Jon Flatt (Barrow, National League) - Lost 3-2. Got to feel sorry for the lad, while his (younger) colleague is having the day of his life at Anfield, he's picking the ball out of the net thrice at home to Forest Green. Should have saved the second too, ball straight at him but went through his legs.

Ross Finnie (Gloucester City, National League North) - Quite a game for him. First bagged an assist with a 'sumptuous 30 yard through ball' for the opener and then grabbed the second with a 'quality effort past the keeper'. Subbed with 15 left. Finished 3-0

Ben O'Hanlon (Nuneaton Town, National League North) - Another 90 minutes another 4-0 tonking, this time at Kiddy.

On a side note, Ola John is yet to feature in a matchday squad for Deportivo since his move.

Texeira's finally sealed his move to Forest. Will be interesting to see how he does there.

Also, Will Randall's off to Walsall. Good news for him as I'd have thought he'd be off to League Two at the highest.

I honestly thought at the start of the season that Tex was going to be the star rather than Costa.

Good luck to Tex - shame it didn't work out for him here.

I think he will do very well somewhere. I agree, early in the season I thought he was going to be where Helder is now. But, we have so many options ahead of him now and so I would want him to push on and be a good player for another side, as long as he is shit against us!

Texeira's finally sealed his move to Forest. Will be interesting to see how he does there.

Also, Will Randall's off to Walsall. Good news for him as I'd have thought he'd be off to League Two at the highest.

I know he hasn't had much hype compared to some of the others but when I saw them at Pompey earlier in the season Randall was the standout. Ronan, Herc and Gibbs-White all played in that game.

Aaron Simpson joins Portsmouth on loan

Good moves for him and Randall. Didn't think either would get anything that high up the pyramid.

Think Simpson is out of contract in the summer so this could be make or break for him.

Deslandes is on loan at Bury too. Who needs depth at LB, anyway?

Deslandes is on loan at Bury too. Who needs depth at LB, anyway?

He won't make it here, nowhere near the team. Breslin is a better prospect IMO

John came from Southend didn't he? u18s captain this year.

Watching the highlights of Prince's first 2 games..
He seems a lot pacier than when ever i saw him play for us.

Prince Oniangue (SC Bastia, Ligue 1) - Played 75 minutes in a 2-1 loss at Montpellier. Booked.

Jed Wallace (Millwall, League One) - Started in a 2-0 win at Coventry to follow up his hour played mid-week. Subbed with 10 to go.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Sheffield United, League One) - Subbed at half time in a 4-0 win over Wimbledon.

James Henry (Bolton, League One) - An unused sub in a 1-1 away at MK Dons.

Sylvain Deslandes (Bury, League One) - An unused sub as Bury lost at Shrewsbury.

Will Randall (Walsall, League One) -
An unused sub as Walsall beat Northampton.

Aaron Simpson (Portsmouth, League Two) - Didn't make the squad.

Hakeem Odoffin (Eastleigh, National League) - No game for Eastleigh this weekend.

Aaron Hayden (Bromley, National League) - Not in the squad this weekend.

Jon Flatt (Barrow, National League) - Played in a 1-0 FA Trophy win over Kiddy.

Ross Finnie (Gloucester City, National League North) - Scored his second goal in two games in midweek, a tap in after the keeper spilled a shot. Not in the squad this weekend though, probably due to injury.

Ben O'Hanlon (Nuneaton Town, National League North) - Not in the squad as Nuneaton lose 3-0 to York in the FA Trophy

Prince Oniangue (SC Bastia, Ligue 1) - Played 75 minutes in a 2-1 loss at Montpellier. Booked.

Jed Wallace (Millwall, League One) - Started in a 2-0 win at Coventry to follow up his hour played mid-week. Subbed with 10 to go.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Sheffield United, League One) - Subbed at half time in a 4-0 win over Wimbledon.

James Henry (Bolton, League One) - An unused sub in a 1-1 away at MK Dons.

Sylvain Deslandes (Bury, League One) - An unused sub as Bury lost at Shrewsbury.

Will Randall (Walsall, League One) -
An unused sub as Walsall beat Northampton.

Aaron Simpson (Portsmouth, League Two) - Didn't make the squad.

Hakeem Odoffin (Eastleigh, National League) - No game for Eastleigh this weekend.

Jon Flatt (Barrow, National League) - Played in a 1-0 FA Trophy win over Kiddy.

Ross Finnie (Gloucester City, National League North) - Scored his second goal in two games in midweek, a tap in after the keeper spilled a shot. Not in the squad this weekend though, probably due to injury.

Ben O'Hanlon (Nuneaton Town, National League North) - Not in the squad as Nuneaton lose 3-0 to York in the FA Trophy
Finnie's loan has ended, they wanted to extend we didn't at this stage. Perhaps he may get a Conference move?

Finnie's loan has ended, they wanted to extend we didn't at this stage. Perhaps he may get a Conference move?
Ah of course, thanks Tony, that one passed me by.

I'd have thought the Conference would be the minimum for our academy prospects.

Prince started and scored for Bastia as they lost 4-1 to Toulouse.

Two of his teammates managed to get sent off! Not doing him any favors there.

Prince Oniangue (SC Bastia, Ligue 1) - As Alan mentioned, scored Bastia's consolation goal at Toulouse. Chested down an inswinging free-kick and slotting it under the keeper. Seemed to be playing as the left-sided defensive midfielder in a 4-2-3-1. Full game.

Jed Wallace (Millwall, League One) - Won 1-0 vs Southend. Put in a busy display with a corner cleared off the line and an effort well saved by the keeper after a Costa-esque run from his own half. Angry at being subbed on 70 minutes but later apologised.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Sheffield United, League One) - Injured this weekend, probably back next game. United won at Posh in his absence.

James Henry (Bolton, League One) - Not in the squad in a 4-1 win over Walsall but Wolves colleague Will Randall came on for the Saddlers for the last 15 minutes.

Sylvain Deslandes (Bury, League One) - An unused sub as Bury beat Swindon 1-0.

Aaron Simpson (Portsmouth, League Two) - Again, didn't make the squad.

Hakeem Odoffin (Eastleigh, National League) - Played a full game in a 1-1 draw at Guiseley. Jake Cassidy played for the hosts.

Jon Flatt (Barrow, National League) - Played in a 2-2 draw at Aldershot.

Ben O'Hanlon (Nuneaton Town, National League North) - Got a full game as they lost 2-0 at Halifax.

Note: Ola John finally made his debut for Deportivo, coming on for the last half an hour in a defeat at Bilbao. Texeira has yet to feature in a Forest squad.

Back