• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2016-2017

From mid-week;

Jed Wallace (Millwall, League One) - A full game in a 2-0 win over Port Vale. Seems to be becoming a key player for them again. Had a few shots on goal and was a menace throughout the game.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Sheffield United, League One) - Came on with a quarter an hour remaining in a 0-0 at Bristol Rovers.

James Henry (Bolton, League One) - Not in the squad as Bolton beat Rochdale.

Sylvain Deslandes (Bury, League One) - An unused sub again as Bury drew 0-0.

Aaron Simpson (Portsmouth, League Two) - Again, didn't make the squad. Weird.

Hakeem Odoffin(Eastleigh, National League) - Played 90 minutes in a 2-0 loss at home to Braintree. Busy getting forward though, with a shot saved after a surging run and nearly scoring with a header from a free kick.

Jon Flatt (Barrow, National League) - An apparently solid display and a clean sheet as his team won 1-0 at Macclesfield.

Prince Oniangue (SC Bastia, Ligue 1) - Played a full game in a 1-1 draw against Monaco.

Jed Wallace (Millwall, League One) - Played no part in Millwall's heroics against Leicester due to picking up a knock.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Sheffield United, League One) - Unused sub as the Blades drew at home to Scunthorpe.

James Henry (Bolton, League One) - Came off the bench after an hour to inspire Bolton come back from two down at Bradford. First hitting the free-kick spilled by the keeper in to the path of Wheater and then putting in a superb cross for Madine to equalise.

Will Randall (Walsall, League One) - An unused sub as Walsall beat Posh.

Sylvain Deslandes
(Bury, League One) - An unused sub as Bury beat Chesterfield.

Aaron Simpson (Portsmouth, League Two) - Again, didn't make the squad.

Hakeem Odoffin (Eastleigh, National League) - Played a full game in a 2-0 defeat at home to Tranmere.

Aaron Hayden
(Bromley, National League) - Not in the squad this weekend.

Jon Flatt (Barrow, National League) - Second clean sheet in a row at home to Torquay. Made a great save from a free kick.

Ben O'Hanlon (Nuneaton Town, National League North) - Came on as sub for the last 10 minutes in a home defeat to Bradford P.A.

Looks like the Aaron Simpson loan at Pompey has been cancelled. He's in the U23 squad for tonight's game.

Not necessarily, there's often a clause saying the parent club can use the loanee in their own U23s if they aren't being played out on loan. CBJ played for United's U23s in the week but he's still on our books.

And we pay his wages. Wow, what a great clause for the parent club.

Seems bizarre we've kept him full season just to play for their U23s.

We wanted to sign Ryan Haynes from Coventry in January, didn't come off. So no further LB cover means we decided to keep him, especially as we paid for him.

If Mr Gloves were to sustain an injury (someone tempt him to have a wander round Bilbrook and Codsall then tip me the nod, please) then he'd probably play. We don't stick him on the bench because Hause and to a lesser extent Saville can cover LB and there's no pointing loading the bench with defenders à la Ken in Jan/Feb 2015.

Fair enough. He's not been included in any of Pompey's squads so far, so I'm not sure where the loan's going.

Maybe they'll have a look at him tonight.

I've only seen him once but it looked to me like League Two at this stage would be too much for him. I was surprised that both he and Randall got a move that high up.

I've only seen him once but it looked to me like League Two at this stage would be too much for him. I was surprised that both he and Randall got a move that high up.

Wasn't Randall on the verge of the Swindon squad when we signed him? Seems to have done quite well for us so I can see why they took a chance on him.

He'd played a couple of games I think but then again Johnny Gorman played for us before Jack Price or Danny Batth.

He seems to have done ok but he's some way behind the impact of Herc, Johnson, Ronan, Bright, Wilson and MGW at that level.

He'd played a couple of games I think but then again Johnny Gorman played for us before Jack Price or Danny Batth.

He seems to have done ok but he's some way behind the impact of Herc, Johnson, Ronan, Bright, Wilson and MGW at that level.

Johnny Gorman :icon_lol:

Where is he now? Still playing?

I agree that he's behind them but equally I'd be a little disappointed if we loaned any of those players to the Saddlers.

Curzon Ashton last I heard

No he's dropped further Atherton Collieries in the Hallmark Security League - North West Counties as was. Good job he went to Repton!

Wolves‏ @Wolves
�� Good luck to keeper @BurgoyneH1 who has joined @BarnetFC on a week-long emergency loan - #WWFC

Yes, that's the official account these days.

From the weekend;

Prince Oniangue (SC Bastia, Ligue 1) - Another 90 minutes for Prince but he couldn't do much to prevent his side from losing 3-0 at Angers.

Jed Wallace (Millwall, League One) - Still out injured.

James Henry (Bolton, League One) - Given a start but failed to do anything with it. Had one long range effort comfortably saved in 90 minutes. Lost 2-0 at Sheffield Utd. EEL came on in the last minute for the victors.

Sylvain Deslandes (Bury, League One) - Left out of the squad by Lee Clark this weekend.

Will Randall (Walsall, League One) - An unused sub as Walsall lost at AFC Wimbledon.

Harry Burgoyne (Barnet, League Two) - Had a quiet debut as his team lost 1-0 at home to Cambridge. Maybe a bit sluggish getting across for the goal, barely moved.

Hakeem Odoffin (Eastleigh, National League) - Dropped from the team and came on as a sub for the last ten minutes as Eastleigh lost 3-0 at Dover.

Aaron Hayden (Bromley, National League) - Not in the squad this weekend.

Jon Flatt (Barrow, National League) - Bit of a horror show as his side lost 5-1 at Tranmere in the FA Trophy QF.

Ben O'Hanlon
(Nuneaton Town, National League North) - Got a full game as his team won 3-0 at Boston. Cleared one off the line.

Last edited:
What a brilliant decision giving EEL a 4 year deal was on the back of a few goals from corners for Sheffield United on loan. Lost his place in the team and now warming their subs bench.

What a brilliant decision giving EEL a 4 year deal was on the back of a few goals from corners for Sheffield United on loan. Lost his place in the team and now warming their subs bench.

Of all the mental extensions handed out this season this is by far the most batshit. The fact they made such a hooha of him coming back in January for Lambert to look at him too.

I suspect the plan is Sheffield sign him if they get promoted. This will be greeted by universal cries of he's not good enough and posts of ill drive him there from Wolves fans. He will go on to be Championship player of the season.
I don't think he's good enough.

I still think he's a better RB than Doherty. However that is a lower bar than one you'd find in a pub in Zuidplaspolder.

I wouldn't have cared if we'd released him on a free, same goes for Ikeme.

I still think he's a better RB than Doherty. However that is a lower bar than one you'd find in a pub in Zuidplaspolder.

I wouldn't have cared if we'd released him on a free, same goes for Ikeme.

Better RB than Doherty? So that's why we signed him up.
I just hope this is a cunning plan from our very own Baldrick to increase the fees we receive.

Back