• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2016-2017

That's his level tbf.

I also think he's a defender who defends first and has to play with structure and Wolves defence seems to have been organised by my 3year old daughter for the last few years.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Sheffield United) - Goal machine. Bags a brace against Port Vale, for the first he had all the time in the world to plant a header past the keeper from a corner and the second was an acrobatic half-volley in a goalmouth scramble. The Blades won 4-0.

James Henry (Bolton) - Came on for a token 5 minutes at the end. Looks like he's being edged out.

Aaron Collins (Notts County) - Came on at half time vs Crewe and once again sounded like he was a threat, involved in the attacking play for four or five of Nott's efforts on goal. Ended 1-1.

Connor Hunte (Stevenage) - Not in the squad.

Ben O'Hanlon and Bradley Reid (
AFC Telford United) - Both started in a 1-0 win over FC United of Manchester. Reid had a few chances, the most notable being a header that rattled the crossbar. He was subbed late on. O'Hanlon played the full game.

Is Connor Hunte injured? Seems to be out of the picture completely there

Is Connor Hunte injured? Seems to be out of the picture completely there
Well, he was brought back into the team for a Checkatrade game but has since been banished from the squad again. I think he's just out of favour.

Let's be honest, none of the players we've currently got out on loan are ever going to be anywhere near the first team ever again. EEL *maybe* if we suffer a horrendous run of injuries to our defence.

Let's be honest, none of the players we've currently got out on loan are ever going to be anywhere near the first team ever again. EEL *maybe* if we suffer a horrendous run of injuries to our defence.
I think Aaron Collins is highly thought of within the club and he seems to be impressing at Notts County, albeit through sub appearances. I certainly hope that the club will keep using the Academy rather than splashing out willy-nilly every transfer window and he would be near the top of the list for a first team appearance, along with the likes of Bright, Deslandes and Herc. Connor Hunte was in the reckoning too which is why it's disappointing to see him out of the picture at Stevenage.

That said, I think EEL and Henry are deadwood and O'Hanlon and Reid are not likely to make the cut at this level.

18th October

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Sheffield United) - A full game played in a 3-0 win at Shrewsbury. 9 unbeaten for the Blades now and EEL seems to be something of a cult hero, could there be a permanent deal in the pipeline?

James Henry (Bolton) - We can probably assume Henry won't be getting one. Came on for the last 20 minutes of a 2-0 win at Millwall and did nothing of note.

22nd - 24th October

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Sheffield United) - Played the full game in a 3/3 draw at Bradford. If anyone needs cheering up after the weekend, watch Bradford's second goal for some Keystone Cops defending from EEL.

James Henry
(Bolton) - Came on for the last 15 minutes with the match won at 2-0 away at Bury.

Aaron Collins (Notts County) - SENT OFF. A straight red for a bit of a reckless lunge on the keeper in the last minute. Notts are going to appeal the decision but can't see it being reversed. Played the full game prior to that, narrowly missing a chance to score ina 2-1 win AT Pompey.

Connor Hunte
(Stevenage) - Not in the squad again.

Ben O'Hanlon and Bradley Rei
d (AFC Telford United) - GOAL. Full game for both in a 2-0 win at Altrincham. Reid grabbed the second with a shot from the edge of the area and also picked up the MOTM award in the process.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Sheffield United) - Another full game in a 2-1 win at Franchise FC. 11 games unbeaten for the Blades now.

James Henry (Bolton) - Came on for the last 10 minutes in a 3-1 win over Port Vale.

Aaron Collins (Notts County) - Had his red card overturned and started in a 0-0 draw vs Luton. Clipped the post with a header and had one cleared off the line. Sounds like he puts himself about a bit. Subbed after an hour.

Connor Hunte (Stevenage) - Not in the squad again.

Ben O'Hanlon and Bradley Reid (AFC Telford) - A home MOTM away for O'Hanlon in a 2-0 loss at home to Salford. Reid played 75 minutes in an apparently anonymous display.

5th and 6th November

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Sheffield United) - Cup-tied.

James Henry (Bolton) - Unlike EEL, allowed to play. Came on for the last quarter of an hour in a 1-0 win over Grimsby and made little impact.

Aaron Collins (Notts County) - Played the full game in a 2-2 draw at Boreham Wood.

Ben O'Hanlon and Bradley Reid (AFC Telford) - Both started in a 2-1 defeat against Boston and it ended for both of them. O'Hanlon was sent off late on for a professional foul while Reid was subbed before the hour after squandering his side's best chances.[/QUOTE]

12th and 13th November

Ethan Ebanks-Landell
(Sheffield United) - Played the full game in a 4-1 win at Chesterfield. Leon Clarke got the fourth for them.

James Henry (Bolton) - Came on for the last 5 minutes in a 1-0 defeat at Posh.

Aaron Collins (Notts County) - Subbed on after an hour in a 4-0 defeat at Blackpool.

Ben O'Hanlon and Bradley Reid
(AFC Telford) - O'Hanlon was suspended for this one whil Reid played the full game in a 2-1 defeat at Worcester.

19th November

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Sheffield United) - Played the full game in a 2-1 win over Shrewsbury. Was up against Ebanks-Blake in the second half who failed to score. Blades now upto second.

James Henry (Bolton) - Came on for the last 15 minutes in a 2-0 win over Millwall.

Aaron Collins (Notts County) - Rewarded with a start at home to his previous loan side Newport after a fine goal in the FA Cup midweek. Didn't get a sniff though and was subbed off just before the hour as Newport won 3-0.

Connor Hunte (Stevenage) - Not in the squad. I'll take him off the list as it appears his loan is over.

Ben O'Hanlon and Bradley Reid
(AFC Telford) - Goal for Reid, a screamer from the edge of the area after missing a couple of big chances. Both played pretty much the full game in 2-0 win over Darlington.

I hope we get some idea of just what's happened with Hunte at Stevenage.

Any idea why Bolton are bothering to give Henry a token few minutes every game?

Any idea why Bolton are bothering to give Henry a token few minutes every game?
They probably feel they have better options at the moment. The likes of Clough and Ameobi are very good players for that level and Henry hasn't been setting the world alight, even earning some grumbles off the fans at one point.

Doesn't say much for him though, I guess.

They probably feel they have better options at the moment. The likes of Clough and Ameobi are very good players for that level and Henry hasn't been setting the world alight, even earning some grumbles off the fans at one point.

Doesn't say much for him though, I guess.

Henry not setting the world alight is well recognised by Wolves supporters

Exactly, so why play him at all? Part of his loan contract?

Pretty sure we'd all be livid if we were giving some loan chap a token few minutes of game time ahead of one of our youngsters.

Maybe they like bringing an experienced head on near the end of games? It isn't that much of a mystery FFS.

Back