• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2016-2017

Just seen it, nice clean left footed strike, first time. Nearly set up a late winner too.

EEL on the bench for Sheff Utd today (as is Leon, and JOH is on the bench for Gillingham)

Kin hell if I only read the last two posts it seems nobody is interested in giving our
deadwood, sarcasm, a chance

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Sheffield United) - Came on after an hour and inspired Sheff Utd to come back from a goal down to win 2-1. Or maybe not. Still, maybe he's their lucky charm?

James Henry (Bolton) - Started in a 1-1 draw and fashioned a couple of shooting chances for himself before being subbed on 78 minutes.

Aaron Collins (Notts County) - A golden moment for the lad, hitting a fine strike for the equaliser against Grimsby after coming on after an hour. Involved in the build-up for the first goal too with a nice through-ball. Sheridan seems to see him as his project and it'll be interesting to see how he develops.

Connor Hunte (Stevenage) - Unused sub as Stevenage ran riot, scoring 6 past Hartlepool.

Anthony Breslin (Tamworth) - Hauled off before half-time for reasons unclear as his team lost at home to Chorley. Never a good team for a Wanderer to play against.

Bradley Reid (Wrexham)- Left out of the squad by the looks of it. No mention of an injury.

Ben O'Hanlon (Nuneaton Town) - Played 80 minutes in a 4-0 win at Stalybridge. Nabbed two assists too (according to him).

Saw the channel 5 highlights of the notts county game, and collins was involved in every creative bit of action for them. Each touch (admittedly from 2 mins of highlights) was impressive.
Brilliant start for the lad. Will do him the world of good getting such experience.

Sedge, is it worth adding an approx date the loans end into the original post?
Always follow tour loan watch thread btw. Have you noticed the e&s have nicked the title?

I was thinking that too. I'll update the ones I remember and, if anyone has a better memory than me, feel free to share them.

I hadn't noticed but then it's not like the E&S to nick stuff from the internet, is it? :rolleyes:

End dates are irrelevant now, it's either January or the end of the season, nothing else. Anyone we loan out this season isn't going to play for our first team any time soon.

I was thinking that too. I'll update the ones I remember and, if anyone has a better memory than me, feel free to share them.

I hadn't noticed but then it's not like the E&S to nick stuff from the internet, is it? :rolleyes:
Stellar work sir!

End dates are irrelevant now, it's either January or the end of the season, nothing else. Anyone we loan out this season isn't going to play for our first team any time soon.
So do we not have the maximum 93 day loan period as previous?

Stellar work sir!

So do we not have the maximum 93 day loan period as previous?

Nope.

The 93 day max was the Emergency loan which has now gone. Only loans can be done now are Window - Window and have to be done during the transfer window

6th September.

Anthony Breslin (Tamworth) - Came on at half-time with the Lambs 2 up. Put in a spectacular goal-saving tackle according to the match report. Finished 3-1.

Ben O'Hanlon (Nuneaton Town) - Played the full game as his team lost 2-1 at Brackley. Booked.

Nope.

The 93 day max was the Emergency loan which has now gone. Only loans can be done now are Window - Window and have to be done during the transfer window

Thanks. Interesting.
Assume this is linked to the U23 league? Wonder how it may impact youth development, as loans were used frequently for this.

It's FIFA banning transfers outside the specified transfer windows. We got special dispensation for around a decade as we have by far the biggest full-time pyramid in Europe, but they've decided now that it's not allowed.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Sheffield United) - Played his first 90 minutes in 3-2 win at Wimbledon. Slipped early on to gift a chance but got away with it. Received praise for winning a lot in the air.

James Henry (Bolton) - Played in a 1-1 draw vs McDons. Had a penalty appeal waved away as well as a couple of shots on goal. Subbed on 87.

Aaron Collins (Notts County) - Came on again after an hour while his team were losing but didn't make an impact. Lost at home to Accrington 2-0.

Connor Hunte (Stevenage) - Unused sub again.

Anthony Breslin (Tamworth) - Back in the starting XI and played the full game in a 5-1 win at Curzon Ashton.

Ben O'Hanlon (Nuneaton Town) - Played the full game and won the MOTM award in a 1-1 at home to Darlington.

Bradley Reid (Wrexham)- Not in the squad again.

Last edited:
To provide a small distraction from last night;

Anthony Breslin
(Tamworth) - Played a full game (unfortunately) as the Lambs were slaughtered 6-0 at Kiddy.

Ben O'Hanlon
(Nuneaton Town) - Another full game and another MOTM performance, assisting a goal in a 4-1 win.

17th September.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Sheffield United) - Another 90 minutes played in a 1-0 win over Posh. Four wins on the bounce for them now.

James Henry (Bolton) - Played the full 90 in a 1-0 loss at 10-man Walsall. Involved in a lot of the attacking play and had a shot go narrowly wide. Takes all the set-pieces by the sound of it.

Aaron Collins (Notts County) - Came on after 75 minutes to help County hold onto their 3-2 lead at Cheltenham.

Connor Hunte (Stevenage) - Not in the squad.

Anthony Breslin (Tamworth) - Played 80 minutes in another defeat at Kiddy, this time 4-0 in the cup. Ten goals conceded in four days at Aggborough. Oh dear.

Ben O'Hanlon (Nuneaton Town) - Another cup exit, playing the full game in a 2-1 defeat at home to Lincoln United.

Bradley Reid (Wrexham)- Came on for the last few minutes in a loss at Woking. Had a shot saved.

Lee Evans? He is injured not on out on loan

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (Sheffield United) - Played the full game in a 2-2 draw at Scunthorpe.

James Henry (Bolton) - Started in a goalless draw at home to Bradford. Had a 25 yard effort whistle just over but picked up a knock and was subbed off on 80 minutes.

Aaron Collins (Notts County) - Came on after an hour in a 3-1 win over Orient and scored a great solo goal, bombing down the right flank before cutting inside and rounding it off with a fine finish. Seems to scare teams with his pace and had a shot go narrowly over as well as a penalty appeal turned down.

Connor Hunte
(Stevenage) - Not in the squad again. Might as well be back with Wolves.

Anthony Breslin (Tamworth) - Lost his place in a shake-up of the defence and watched a 1-1 draw against FC United of Manchester from the bench.

Ben O'Hanlon (Nuneaton Town) - Replaced at half-time in a 3-2 win at home to Worcester, who had the 'esteemed' Lee Hughes playing up front for them.

Bradley Reid (Wrexham)- See Connor Hunte.

Weird that Hunte can't get a game.

Back