• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2015/2016

If we do extend it we can recall him any time we like, so it's a bit of a no brainer. Far better for him to be playing in L2 than our U21s.

Agreed. Part of me was surprised he couldn't get a league one club. However, KJ said clearly that he needs league experience over continuing for the U21s, & referred to how many of our other young players (like Hause, Price, Iorfa etc) have gone for lower league loan deal opportunities and have returned from these with good experience pushing for inclusion in the matchday 18.

If Graham has been very close to the 18 this season, these experiences will no doubt put him in good stead.

McAlinden was an unused sub again. I understand that we can't recall him as it's a season long loan?

Also, I gather that Burgoyne was returned now, or has he had his loan extended?

We can recall Liam in January if we want.

To summarise this weekend - an eventful day for Jordan Graham, who notched up an assist then got himself sent off just after the hour.

A victory and a clean sheet for Aaron McCarey at Pompey, who sit in second. However, his mate Harry Burgoyne was unable to stop Lowestoft losing 2-1.

Full games for Evans and Saville in wins for both of their teams and Rowe was subbed in the last few minutes for Scunthorpe, who beat Liam 'unused sub' McAlinden's Shrewsbury. Zele Ismail wasn't included in Burton's squad this weekend.

Question time: When they say a "month", do they mean another 28 days? Or in this case, extended until the 21st November?

Trying to keep the OP up to date with the due back dates, but they seem to be off...

Usually 31 days I thought.

Usually 31 days I thought.

Yep, generally it will go 28 days for an initial loan, then an extension of a further 31 days, then if they still want to carry it on it'll be for a final 34 days to take it up to the maximum of 93.

From last night; full games for Evans, Saville, and Rowe. Aaron McCarey was unlucky not to keep another clean sheet as Pompey conceded a last minute equaliser.

Ismail came on for the last 15 minutes for Burton while McAlinden remained benched. Jordan Graham was suspended.

McCarey back from Pompey. Loan not being extended

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves
Gaffer also says trying to bring in some cover and competition particularly in the defensive area.

Expect a loan signing or two before the Middlesbrough game.

It appears we've now recalled Burgoyne following and injury to Jon Flatt.

Burgoyne said:
Playing at National League level is different to playing under-21 football, insofar that games are generally played at a high tempo and its more physical, but that’s part of the overall learning experience to help hone your game.

So he's going to sit on the bench for the U21s? What is the point when McCarey will likely start the games?

I thought McCarey had been suspended by the FA?

Jordan Graham has announced on Twitter he's staying out on loan until the New Year.

Back