• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2014/15 Season

McAlinden has scored for Fleetwood.

Old Leon couldn't reproduce his magic at the City Ground this week, being subbed after an unproductive 88 minutes, as Wigan got beat 3-0.

As mentioned, Liam McAlinden scored a tap-in and got subbed after 82 minutes at Barnsley. George Saville was an unused sub again for Bristol City. No sign of Ashley Carter at Chesterfield.

Jake Cassidy was subbed after 77 in Southend's 2-0 win over Cheltenham. No goals scored.

Saturday 14th - George Saville unused benchwarmer for Bristol. McAlinden played full game in Fleetwood's 2-0 defeat. Jake Cassidy subbed off after 63 mins for Southend

Just looking from the outside and without knowing the ins and outs at the club, its not look a good sign that Saville cant get into a side (albeit a decent one for the level) in a division lower then us.

I'd say it's telling that he started the first couple of games and now he's not even coming on as a sub

Is it possible to bring home early and send him out to a different club, seems pretty pointless for a player to be out on loan and not playing, no good for him, us or them.

Is it possible to bring home early and send him out to a different club, seems pretty pointless for a player to be out on loan and not playing, no good for him, us or them.
After 28 days we can recall him if we want.

After 28 days we can recall him if we want.

Can't imagine it's doing his confidence much good. Then again it isn't going to do it any good if we say, "Look, mate, you can't get a game at Bristol. Let's try Crawley. Or Hartlepool..."

Fuck his confidence, I'm more worried about his skill.

Had high hopes for Saville, not been impressed at all..what is the issue here(cant be just confidence surely) he must have something about him for getting this far at a young age?

Think its a bit unfair to critisize Saville too much, he's hardly had any game time and when he did play it was during a poor spell for the rest of the team, having said that I'm disapointed he's not getting in the Bristol team.

If anyone's interested, Cassidy is doing OK for us despite not scoring, making a lot of runs and creating space for other players. He's not had many chances himself but certainly putting himself about in the right way.

Leigh Griffiths at Celtic:

39 games, 22 starts, 15 goals, 12 assists. Scoring or assisting a goal every 78 minutes.

I think PPB would have a similar ratio if she played in that league.

Ashley Carter making his debut for Chesterfield tonight. Seems to be playing left sided centre back, although the only time I saw him play it was as an attacking left back pre season at Hedenesford and he really impressed me, so hope he does well.

Saville doesn't make either team or bench tonight. He's been gone a month now, so don't know if he's been recalled or sent back? It could just be he is injured or left out.

Saville just seems far far too lightweight at te moment and has been bullied in seemingly every game Ive seen him in. You'd thinkh at there is a good amount of raw talent there given how much we paid, so hopefully if he Bulks out a bit and becomes more confident, we will start to see this shine through. Not convinced though.

Leon Clarke stretchered off after 27 mins (Wigan one down v Charlton)

around 9 mins delay. Hope the lad is ok

Looks like a neck injury. It doesn't sound good at all.

Being treated by medics at ground before deciding if he needs to go to hospital

Back