• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2014/15 Season

I was a massive critic of Ikeme, wanted him replacing going into last year, I haven't seen anything of these lads really though to comment, however I had seen Ikeme a few times and always thought he was toss and had no athleticism prior to last season.

Saville starts for Bristol City today vs West Ham.

looked good so far, very tidy, playing a kind of Arteta role from the looks of it, sitting deep but there to control the tempo.

interesting to see how fast Bristol break as soon as they get possession - surely what our game is lacking

Same as every Wolves game I've seen him play.

he looked very neat first half but made no great contribution - second half went missing completely. \that Freeman kid looked quite impressive - happy to run at the opposition. The sort of player I thought we had in Jacobs ??

Freeman was very highly rated as a teenager at Gillingham. Not been able to kick on yet, but he looked really good today. Definitely a player.

Guess I know nowt about football, thought he did ok, got his tackles in and made some good short passes and moved into space, started the second half a bit dodgy and then got subbed.
Thought Bristol looked excellent against a decent Premiership side.

I am with you, was an impressive if unspectacular performance, obviously is told to recycle possession rather than be forcing passes or surging off.

I thought Byran looked one of their better players at LB.

Ashley Carter to Chesterfield for a month.

Big Leon's off to the Pie Men.

I have a bit of time during the week now so can try to post weekly updates on our players out on loan.

George Saville and Liam McAlinden played against each other on Sunday in Bristol City's 2-0 win over Fleetwood. Saville was recalled to the starting line-up and was subbed after 71 minutes while McAlinden was subbed on 57. No mention of either of them in the match report.

Jake Cassidy played for 71 minutes in Southend's 1-0 win over York before being subbed off for the eventual goalscorer.

Couldn't care less about Sigurdarson as he has no future with us, but it'll be interesting to see how Ashley Carter gets on.

Looks like we are still in for Jack Grealish, according to the B'ham Mail

From this weekend's games;

Leon got a debut goal and a gushing review in the Wigan website match report, despite them losing 3-1.

Saville and McAlinden were both dropped for their games, with only the latter making an appearance after 84 minutes.

Cassidy got subbed after 75 minutes in Southend's draw at Shrewsbury and had little impact.

No sign of Ashley Carter at Chesterfield but he only arrived there a few days ago.

Leon's goal was a header from close range which he still managed to get off target. It was deflected in and should be an own goal.

Did it on purpose ay!

Back