• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2014/15 Season

Margreitter started for Chesterfield yesterday in their 4-1 win,after a rusty start he did fine (did some digging on a search engine) :)

Think he must be a decent enough player, having been a stalwart for Austria Wien. (cue Dan reminding me that they finished third in his last year there)

Sigurdarson back from injury,got 25 mins off the bench tonight.

Zeli Ismail scores from the spot to put Notts County 1 up vs Orient

Sigurdarson got 20 mins on Saturday,Molde won 2-0 and they've amassed mildly impressive 59 points in 24 matches now.

Given our horrific shortage of strikers, does anyone think he (Siggy) could do a job back here if fit? He might suit our system a bit better than under Stale and Saunders??

Given our horrific shortage of strikers, does anyone think he (Siggy) could do a job back here if fit? He might suit our system a bit better than under Stale and Saunders??

I think he would, Will, but his loan doesn't have a recall in it. We let him go till the end of Molde's season....Mind you, they must be well into it by now. NorwayFB??

No - not unless he's had a massive change in work rate and attitude. Which may possibly have been down to not settling in England?

I still think we'll bring a striker in who'll offer more than Siggy anyway.

It's a shame because I really did think Siggy was going to be a top player for us.

Indeed - as much as people moan about Leon Clarke (justifiably, I should add) the worst performance I saw from a Wolves player last season came from Sigurdarson.

Clarke isn't good enough and unless there's a drastic change in attitude and application, Siggy isn't good enough either.

No - not unless he's had a massive change in work rate and attitude. Which may possibly have been down to not settling in England?

I still think we'll bring a striker in who'll offer more than Siggy anyway.

It's a shame because I really did think Siggy was going to be a top player for us.
Didn't get the love in with Siggy. Whenever I saw him he looked like a rabbit in headlights. He struggled with the physical side of the English game and that was at a lower level. I tend to agree with Jolemai - I think this ship may have sailed.

Didn't get the love in with Siggy. Whenever I saw him he looked like a rabbit in headlights. He struggled with the physical side of the English game and that was at a lower level. I tend to agree with Jolemai - I think this ship may have sailed.

In his first season I think he showed genuine promise and ability in a side devoid of any promise or ability! I thought he'd be fine in League 1 and I backed him to score more than Griffiths. I don't know what happened with him but he really didn't look arsed last season which was a massive shame.

Amazing to think that Dicko cost roughly 1/7th of the price.

I think he would, Will, but his loan doesn't have a recall in it. We let him go till the end of Molde's season....Mind you, they must be well into it by now. NorwayFB??

Six remaining,in any case I don't think he can play for Wolves until January 1.He's been injured alot and only involved in 7-8 of the 24.

I think he was hugely affected by the rancid atmosphere at the club and in the dressing room. He'd not got any friends, wasn't in the clique and it showed on the pitch way more than it should have done. I was just thinking that now we have a seemingly great team spirit, and his loan ending after Christmas, whether there was a space for him.
In his first few months (after he'd gotten up to fitness) under Solbakken he looked like a great player. Good in the air and on the deck and has a footballing brain. He was big enough to be a physically presence, I just don't think that was part of his game (especially when shunted out of the wing).
Unfortunately by the time he was being given his chances up front the club was broken and so was he. We're a different club now....

When I saw Siggy's 1st appearance for us I thought he looked pacy, powerful, made intelligent runs and looked good in the air too. For whatever reason he never got a proper run in the team as a striker and then his performances quickly seemed to go downhill. I think he has the talent but perhaps not the right attitude or desire. Can't see a way back for him now.

Back