• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool Fans

So a teenager takes his young nephew to an away game for the first time, and ends up in an unfamiliar place in the middle of winter - you think he should walk two miles in the cold in an unfamiliar place late at night with a kid in tow?

In Mark's mind obviously. Only one moron here as far as I can see.

I'd guess most teenagers have a pretty up to date phone, so he should've had the use of GPS to find the station with ease, 2 miles isn't a ridiculous distance to expect someone to walk. Failing that he could've printed himself directions just in case his phone had died or he couldn't get signal, ran out of data allowance or whatever else.

Also, how much time must he have spent fannying around to miss the last train after a 3 o'clock kick off?

Never mind the kid thinking twice about taking his nephew again, his aunty/uncle should never again trust the safety of their child with such an inept member of society.

I'm lazy with a lot of things but walking isn't one of them, I'd even go as far as saying I quite like it sometimes.

You like walking in the freezing cold late at night in the middle of winter in an unfamiliar place with a child in tow (who is no doubt complaining of aforementioned cold, dark, unfamiliarity)?

I wouldn't have the child in tow, not unless i'd kidnapped someone anyway as there's no-one in my family anything like that age but I'd happily make that walk on my own, i'd have walked that way from the station to the game in the afternoon so it wouldn't be too hard to remember where i'd come from come the after match darkness.

Me and my mate took his younger brother to a few away games and never had any bother getting him between train stations, car parks or whatever else and the ground, it's really not that difficult to find your way these days.

I wouldn't have the child in tow, not unless i'd kidnapped someone anyway as there's no-one in my family anything like that age but I'd happily make that walk on my own.

Well that's okay then.

What else was he supposed to do at that time of night, in those low temperatures, in an unfamiliar place with no money and looking after a child? And 'not have got himself into that situation in the first place' isn't a valid answer. I daresay the vast majority of posters on here wouldn't have got themselves into that sort of state.

Well that's okay then.

What else was he supposed to do at that time of night, in those low temperatures, in an unfamiliar place with no money and looking after a child? And 'not have got himself into that situation in the first place' isn't a valid answer. I daresay the vast majority of posters on here wouldn't have got themselves into that sort of state.

Which part of the 'situation' are we talking about here?

All this from the bloke who couldn't follow hyperlinks in some instructions for how to reinstall his operating system. Priceless.

The guide doesn't work with OEM editions anyway so it soon became irrelevant.

Still, i'd rather be without a computer than stranded in Liverpool on a wet, cold night having just been fleeced out of £50+ by a taxi driver i never needed to have engaged with.

The guide doesn't work with OEM editions anyway so it soon became irrelevant.

Still, i'd rather be without a computer than stranded in Liverpool on a wet, cold night having just been fleeced out of £50+ by a taxi driver i never needed to have engaged with.

surely he took the taxi as he was responsible for the ten year old in his care, in a strange city in freezing weather.?

at least you accept the taxi driver fleeced him of all his money. His only other recourse was to go to a police station, tell the story and let them solve the problem, but i think he was sensible getting on the net at least and asking for help.

I've no problem with the lad resorting to asking the online masses for help when he's stranded out in the cold and rain with no trains to catch and nowhere else to go but there's no way it should ever have got to that point, he properly fucked it up.

If the 2 mile walk was so difficult for him then i assume he must have had a taxi on his way to the ground too? If so then surely he could've quickly realised that the taxi after the game wasn't going anywhere near the same place that he'd came from, so he could've pointed that out before he was ditched at the airport.

£54 in Liverpool for a taxi is ridiculous. Taxis are dirt cheap in Liverpool!

I'm not entirely sure why the parents let their 10 year old go on an away day without a responsible adult? As Mark says, if he couldn't manage to get to the train station from the ground then he wasn't competent enough to be the guardian of a child. Wouldn't alarm bells ring after you had been in the taxi for over 30mins? When he got somewhere which was in the middle of nowhere wouldn't you ask the driver or be concerned before just hoping out and handing over £54!!! When he surely knew the journey was only short?

The top one :icon_lol:

Yes I am sure players across Europe are wowed by Brendan Rodgers' career haul of one playoff win as opposed to what Wenger has done over 19 years at Arsenal.

05ihznX.png

:icon_lol: Brilliant.

Haven't dabbled in RAWK Meltdown for a while. I should go and catch up, especially after yesterday.

RAWK Meltdown @RAWK_Meltdown · 6h 6 hours ago
I'm still surprised Rafa didn't get the England job...

RAWK Meltdown @RAWK_Meltdown · 6h 6 hours ago
(Everton forums) The delusion is strong on there.

A magnificent gesture by Liverpool fans as they give Jonas Gutierrez a standing ovation as he comes on for Newcastle United at Anfield.

Back