• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool Fans

Steve Morgan really did dodge a bullet.

Odds are falling on Rodgers getting the sack

"If you put jones' positioning and distribution with Mignolet's shot stopping, you'd have one of the best keepers in the world. I was personally blown away by the accuracy and impetus of his distribution."
-
rawk poster.

And another one :)

"Dropping Mignolet for Jones is paying huge dividends. There's no way Mignolet would have saved any of the 5 goals Jones has conceded in the league."

RAWK Meltdown @RAWK_Meltdown · 3h 3 hours ago
(Gerrard to retire) Is it wrong to say that I've already started crying??

A Captain, a Captain; my Kingdom for a Captain!

There will never be another like him again. Ever. The day Steven George Gerrard puts up his boots, I will forever watch football with an underlying sense of sorrow. I am sure older men who had their own conquering heroes will sympathise. And yet I still think there will never be another like him again. Ever. My kids will grow up worshipping the leather kickers of their day; but I will have to sit them down with disappointment and let them know that those heroes are false idols and that they didn’t have the fortune to be alive when a man turned the odds on its head, again and again, playing with destiny like the Gods.

This sounds silly, it’s exaggerated surely, but it was incredible to watch Gerrard battle and take everyone on the ride with him. Liverpool fans have given Fowler the nickname of ‘God’ but they got that one wrong in my opinion. Only one player in Liverpool’s history deserves to be compared to a deity. And if you were to compare Gerrard to a deity; you’d compare him with Atlas. For he held the sky up, the world on his back; so that Liverpool could see more of the glory days. For 15 years, other stars shone in our constellation; but they faded or were pulled away by the stronger gravity of other celestial bodies. All but one star, for 15 years, he fought the forces; he didn’t succumb; and if need be he would light the sky himself. He became the Alpha and the Omega, whenever we seemed to need it.

But cruelly, he couldn’t control the fates all the time. He is then, just a man. A special kind of man, a leader of men. A Captain. A symbol for others. He followed the path that’s hard to tread. It’s more than football; it’s about life. Find a person that is willing to forgo the easy, the immediate, the instantly gratifying and do it tough. It’s not common, it’s special. This is a long-winded piece to simply say, Steven George Gerrard was special; he was a beacon. If you hadn’t witnessed some of his feats and somebody was telling you his stories; you’d think they were talking about a movie. He made us dream beyond what was reasonably possible. This is what real leaders do and the inspiration they sow into our hearts is why we follow them.

Stevie will soon have to put down his sword and the load he has been carrying. He kept the darkness at bay, but the war rages on…A Captain, a Captain; my Kingdom for a Captain!

I think his appalling misuse of semicolons annoys me just as much as the shit content.

Amazing! The teenager must have been a complete moron though to cock that up.

Think he probably got done over by the taxi driver when he asked to go to the station.

Done over by an honest as the day is long, never do wrong Scouser? Surely not.....

You've got to wonder what kind of taxi driver dumps a teenager and a kid in the middle of nowhere in winter. I hope they find out who it was and he's sacked.

It wasn't the middle of nowhere, he took them to the train station at the airport rather than the City centre.

Actually, having looked into this a little bit, I'm coming more onto thinking that the teenager was a moron.

It's only 2 miles from Anfield to Lime Street Station, that's easily walkable, even with a 10 year old. Then even after his faux pas with the taxi, he'd have ended up somewhere like Liverpool South Parkway which is on the line from Lime Street that he'd have been on to go home anyway so he'd have still been able to get his way home from there without walking back into the City centre like a dickweed.

Perhaps the taxi wasn't a cunt after all and was potentially even doing the kid a favour by taking him to a less busy station on the same line that would save him a bit of hassle?

To be fair, the airport is a good old treck from Anfield, no wonder it cost £54 ? It just seems odd that if you got in a taxi at the ground and said 'train station' you'd have thought they'd automatically assumed Lime St. not the airport ?

It's all avoidable on the teenager's side i think, he doesn't need the taxi to begin with, he can still remedy the situation from a different train station even allowing for a cunt's trick from the taxi driver. The lad's had a mare.

So a teenager takes his young nephew to an away game for the first time, and ends up in an unfamiliar place in the middle of winter - you think he should walk two miles in the cold in an unfamiliar place late at night with a kid in tow?

I'd agree he's been somewhat careless but that's not realistic. I daresay he'll think twice about taking him on another away day anytime soon, and will plan ahead if he ever does.

Back