• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool Fans

Anyone remember the night when Liverpool fans lifted the old gates off at the Molineux, so they could all pile in for free?

I've been to matches where I have witnessed Wolves fans tearing down fences and climbing over walls to get into games for free. Liverpool's supporters weren't the only ones who have displayed such behaviour.

Heysel was a tragedy of that there is no doubt and yes it was caused by Liverpool fans but lets not kid ourselves, it could have been caused by any English teams fans even Wolves.

Hooliganism was rife, segregation had long been in place in this Country but European Clubs still hadn't grasped crowd control.

I stand corrected re dates Sniffer. Perhaps the reputation of fans following Heysel and at other grounds, influenced the way some decisions were made on the day by the police. In hindsight the kick-off should probably have been delayed.

That I can agree with. The Police that were there on the day had their minds focused on one thing which was the prevention of disorder. When circumstances led to the tragic events, the officers in charge didn't change their policy of preventing disorder until it was too late. The bullshit cover ups that followed are a disgrace to our nation.

The mistakes made leading up to the game were horrendous, it was pretty clear years before this game that Hillsborough was inadequate to host a cup semi final, I only have to listen to the horror stories from my family members who went to the 1981 semi final to know that and many games after that, the fact that the authorities put the Liverpool fans in the Leppings Lane end instead of the spion kop was a stupid decision. Forrest average attendance at the time was 17,000, whereas Liverpools was 35,000. The ground didn't even have a safety certificate either to host such a match. The reality is this could have happened at many other grounds around the country because at the time many were death traps concentrating more on keeping people caged in and no thought into how people could escape if anything went wrong.
After the Bradford fire disaster it was blatant that stadia around the country were a disasters waiting to happen for one reason or another and caging people up like they were made large numbers of casualties inevitable.

Fancy a bit of RAWK reaction to the Suarez bite? Of course you do.

(Suarez bites Chiellini) He hasn't bitten him, he's thrown his head into his shoulder.

Thank christ it happened for Uruguay and not Liverpool. Cos I reckon he's got it out of his system now.

30 league goals, he can bite who he wants...

I love how he falls to the floor as if he has been fouled afterwards. I love him

POrtj1t.png

It's bullshit.

He got frustrated and leaned his head in tward him as they were running (could have gone for the attempted head-butt)

The Italian then threw an elbow (and a good one) at Suarez - Should also have gone.

Nothing given by the ref, so the Iti starts running around, pointing to his shoulder, which had NOTHING on it on the close up.

Bitter fuckers.

Fuck off Adrian Chiles. Just fuck off. Shit stirring ITV at it again. Trial by shit media awaits

Criticising Suarez for trying to bite someone is a bit like criticising Sinatra for singing My Way at his concerts

Anyone else think its Chelleini who should be banned, for being a big tart?

I read Luis was trended by over 2 milllion tonight. Stick your granny shagger Rooney up your arse, we've the real deal here, not the pretend fat footballer who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.........Love you Luis and with you 100%.

Nope, but I support Luis 100%. Them other dudes can go fuck themselves they don't play for Liverpool FC.

... a gum-shield would allow defenders to concentrate on the game rather than play in fear of the roving incisor.

Then again, should defenders be totally free of this fear? Here's the hypocrisy again. I sort of think some defenders should be bitten.

I bet the regret began to sink in at the same time as the teeth. In fact he was so confused and upset by what he'd done that he started clutching his teeth as soon as he did it. It was almost as if he were saying to FIFA, "Please help me. Take these teeth out. They're not mine!"

He wears the red shirt and he mustn't walk alone.

I've watched it again and again and the problem is (and please don't take this as me being flippant, as its not) is look at Luis's skull shape - he does have protruding teeth and the angle his head hits, his mouth will come into contact with the shoulder as he was falling into him face first. None of this of course will be taken into account as it will be more fun for the press to hound and slaughter him on the premise that he has previous. Batten down the hatches boys, as the filthy hoardes of the common gutter cockroach press are going to be coming out in force.

It's not a bite you self-righteous, knicker-wetting fanny! Get it right, he just pushed his face in with his mouth open. Of course his (larger than normal) teeth made slight contact.

Let's not blow this out of proportion, people around the world would have died today.

Psychologist measure 'personality' by the "Big Five" characteristics:

Neroticism - sensitive/ nervous v's secure/ confident.

Extraversion - energetic/ gregarious v's solitary/ reserved.

Openness - inventive/ curious v's consistent/ cautious.

Conscientiousness - orderly/ industrious v's easygoing/ careless.

Agreeableness - cooperative/ empathetic v's self-interested/ antagonistic.

Thee one consistent feature in the make-up of creative/ genius types [and even Suarez' detractors think he's a football genius] is that they tend to be far less agreeable that the rest of us. They tend to do their own thing, their own way and don't really care much what others think of them.

That character trait is seemingly OK if you're the guy who developed the first treatments for Leukemia, or became the boss of Goldman Sachs or Apple...or bringing it back closer to home, the long-term manager of Manchester United or the self-styled "Special One" but not for Suarez.

I've watched it again and again and the problem is (and please don't take this as me being flippant, as its not) is look at Luis's skull shape - he does have protruding teeth and the angle his head hits, his mouth will come into contact with the shoulder as he was falling into him face first. None of this of course will be taken into account as it will be more fun for the press to hound and slaughter him on the premise that he has previous. Batten down the hatches boys, as the filthy hoardes of the common gutter cockroach press are going to be coming out in force.

It's not a bite you self-righteous, knicker-wetting fanny! Get it right, he just pushed his face in with his mouth open. Of course his (larger than normal) teeth made slight contact.

Let's not blow this out of proportion, people around the world would have died today.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Then again, should defenders be totally free of this fear? Here's the hypocrisy again. I sort of think some defenders should be bitten.

You have to say that's magnificent, Clive.

I've just cut this off a friends Facebook timeline. He said yesterday he wouldn't say anything until he'd seen ALL the angles not just the ones ITV were showing so....here goes....

"just a quick thing about the suarez incident, if you want to do something about it get yourself to anfield on the opening day of the season, take a knife, go onto the pitch and stab him, murder him in cold blood. failing that you can just cry about it, go on cry, cry some more cos that all you can do!!!!!!"

:facepalm:

:eek:

What a fucking helmet.

Liverpool fans need to stop being so fucking one-eyed.

I saw some buffoon saying this was insignificant in football and bringing up Hillsborough to justify his stance. Just fuck off.

Imagine Wolves fans defending Muscat after his numerous indiscretions. Didn't happen and wouldn't happen. We all knew he was a nasty bastard, some stuff you can't defend.

But 96 fans died, Dan. Therefore, Luis is fine and you are all against us.

Fucking ironic that Chiellini plays for Juventus, eh?

I imagine these are people who are outside of football reasonably sane and logical individuals. You couldn't go through life with such a relentless tinfoil hat approach to anything and everything. They come across as gibbering lunatics every time their non-trophy winning team comes up. We all get blinded by bias to an extent when talking about our own club but they really are beyond the pale.

If this had been ie Skrtel or Glen Johnson they would be saying get rid and that this behaviour is disgracing there club, because Suaresz is there best player by a country mile they have myopic vision.
Since Suaresz has been at Liverpool they have become the most despised team in the country.

Shhhhhh we're not allowed to mention Heysel

Heysel was the fault of the authorities for staging it there and poor policing if you ask Liverpool fans nothing to do with there supporters.

Since Suaresz has been at Liverpool they have become the most despised team in the country.

Tbf I had them down as a bunch of cunts long before 2011 ;)

Back