• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd give him a pre season with Pep before writing him off, but at this rate he'll be going down the Kalvin Phillips route by the end of the year

I'm not sure he fits in a team at this level. Constantly seems to be playing his own little game by himself.

Not sure why anyone ever got excited by him, his Sporting highlights real was just him flitting about the park dodging tackles and then skipping to the next clip, there was never any end product to highlight even on his alleged best bits. He looked like peak Traore plonked in centre midfield from what I could see, a high class Guedioura without the low range pot shots, because he hit the ball more like Andy Keogh 9 times out of 10.

Just isn’t suited to premier league football and it’s mental demands more than anything.
I think it was landon Donavon after being on loan at Everton couldn’t believe the mental and physical strain the PL WAS

For me, he's never appeared to be an intelligent enough footballer to play the role expected of him.

Or had the desire.

If it were to ever come in City would be the top of the blue card table

For me, he's never appeared to be an intelligent enough footballer to play the role expected of him.

Or had the desire.
He looks like the kid who has always been the best player at his age group because of natural ability, when he has needed to step it up he can't. It's why I think a Summer of mentoring could make the penny drop, but I think it's less rather than more likely.

He looks like the kid who has always been the best player at his age group because of natural ability, when he has needed to step it up he can't. It's why I think a Summer of mentoring could make the penny drop, but I think it's less rather than more likely.
Bingo. He's got "Golden Child" written all over him.

I don't think he lacks desire, as such, I think Tony's nailed it; he never learned how to push beyond his limits as a kid and now it's too late. He only ever has one gear to play in.

Bingo. He's got "Golden Child" written all over him.

I don't think he lacks desire, as such, I think Tony's nailed it; he never learned how to push beyond his limits as a kid and now it's too late. He only ever has one gear to play in.

Wasn't he a late bloomer? Thought he went from obscurity to poster boy of the Portuguese league almost overnight and a pretty much non-existent footballing education.

Wasn't he a late bloomer? Thought he went from obscurity to poster boy of the Portuguese league almost overnight and a pretty much non-existent footballing education.
His first contract with Sporting included a 45m buyout so he's been under high expectations from the start.

His first contract with Sporting included a 45m buyout so he's been under high expectations from the start.
20 years old is rarely the start of a top level football career. His route to the professional game doesn't really correlate with the Golden Child theory.

20 years old is rarely the start of a top level football career. His route to the professional game doesn't really correlate with the Golden Child theory.
Being the best player in your age group doesn't need to be at a high level, it's about mentality

Being the best player in your age group doesn't need to be at a high level, it's about mentality
If he was that much better why did it take him so long to get to where it is? Pretty much any comparative example I can think of tend to come across the opposite, hungry to make up for lost time and prove a real point that they belong. Although they've often been exposed to at least a good level of academy football before working their way back up so perhaps a bit of a chip on their shoulder to fuel them.

I just think Nunes is massively one dimensional, he carries the ball well and that's about it, at a low level that can transform a team but the higher you go the less of a boon any single skill is and the more rounded you need to become.

His forte is turning a player and motoring away. When I first saw him do that a couple if times I thought wow. But that's it, nothing else and no end product (besides the one wonder volley for us obvs.).

If he was that much better why did it take him so long to get to where it is? Pretty much any comparative example I can think of tend to come across the opposite, hungry to make up for lost time and prove a real point that they belong. Although they've often been exposed to at least a good level of academy football before working their way back up so perhaps a bit of a chip on their shoulder to fuel them.

I just think Nunes is massively one dimensional, he carries the ball well and that's about it, at a low level that can transform a team but the higher you go the less of a boon any single skill is and the more rounded you need to become.
That €45m release clause got slapped on him after six (six!) senior appearances for Estoril.

Sure, he joined an academy later than many, but his rise from that level happened very, very quickly.

2-0 massively flattering Newcastle here, they look awful and Arsenal are scintillating. I hope Newcastle are this bad next Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back