• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

Totally agree with Langers.. Which other sport penalises celebration after scoring??.. In NFL everybody would be suspended

You can celebrate with your own supporters in the NFL, it just can't be excessive or aimed at the opposition.

Yeah but here you cant celebrate at all

Players can celebrate, but not run into the crowd.

2 - 0 Tottenham.

And Alli didn't run into the crowd this time...

Must be very hard to resist running to your supports after a very important goal..

You can't even spike the ball in the NFL anymore...

Maybe we all should just hide our feelings/emotions and turn into robots then..

I guess the guidelines are there to help the refs. Determining whether a celebration is excessive or not, particularly for a really important goal, is very tricky. Clear guidelines that expressly forbid specific actions helps the refs.
Maybe it would be better to leave out the cards, and issue a fine if it is deemed inflammatory post match?

Fairly comfortable in the end for Spurs. Makes the league a bit more open anyway.

Think Dembele and more so Wanyama won that game for Spurs. Bossed the middle of the park, offered great protection in front of their back 3 allowing so much freedom for the wide players, Alli and Eriksen to get forward. Kante had a shocker for Chelsea, offered as little defensively as I've even seen from him and lost possession far too easily, too often. Matic hasn't the mobility to really assert himself in a game played at that tempo and coupled with Kante they do lack some cutting edge with the ball that someone like Dembele gives Spurs.

Alli will get the headlines but I thought it was a pretty Dave Edwards performance, plenty of running, popped up with the goals but pretty anonymous in open play.

Sloppy from the Chelsea backline on both goals too. Cahill in no man's land twice affecting their shape, Luiz daydreaming on the first allowing the overload behind him, Moses/Azpilicueta could've prevented either by holding the line better too. Think Courtois was suspect on the second as well actually, just looked a panicked flap as the ball sailed past him, expect better from him.

Some really shoddy closing down by Alonso on the second too before it gets laid back to Eriksen.

Conte has done a brilliant job but I don't think for a minute he has that XI anywhere near what he wants, he'll be looking to upgrade on at least four of them during 2017.

It's a difficult position for Alonso because Walker is pushed high up the pitch so if he steps up to press Eriksen then it's an easy pass outside him to set Walker away.

Either Cahill has to come out to him or Matic needs to come across and force Eriksen out but I think the lack of mobility from both means they don't want to commit in case they get beat.

I expect Cahill and Azpilicueta to be replaced before long, the former just isn't mobile enough or good enough with the ball and the latter too vulnerable in the air when he has to tuck in.

I can definitely see him wanting two new wing-backs and possibly a CB, assuming he doesn't want to use Zouma, who he said was "the present and future of Chelsea" not long ago.

Darren Ferguson certainly has Doncaster Rovers playing some decent stuff. They looked quite good tonight and thoroughly deserved ther victory against Portsmouth.

He had to relegate them first to do that ;)

Darren Ferguson certainly has Doncaster Rovers playing some decent stuff. They looked quite good tonight and thoroughly deserved ther victory against Portsmouth.

Don't need to be a good player to be a good manager. Ask his old man :)

Back