• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

Can someone give me a good reason as to why Howe wasn't offered the England job? I've had this debate with a few mates over Christmas and I've yet to hear one.

He's done well with Bournemouth but his one try away from them didn't go well, i would say some would want him to prove himself away from them after failing at Burnley.

Nice Mr Gloves impression from Bellerin.
Actually this is two stages. The first is Zubar style tucking in 30 yards for no reason to leave his man in acres of space and then a Doherty style attempt at closing down and tackling.

He's done well with Bournemouth but his one try away from them didn't go well, i would say some would want him to prove himself away from them after failing at Burnley.
I would agree that he's clearly a great fit for Bournemouth and maybe he needs managerial success elsewhere to be a proven top-class manager, but to take a club the size of Bournemouth from the basement of League Two to where they are now is an achievement that dwarfs anything Southgate has done.

Actually this is two stages. The first is Zubar style tucking in 30 yards for no reason to leave his man in acres of space and then a Doherty style attempt at closing down and tackling.

He tucks in first to follow Fraser and you have to move across with your back 4, problem is he then goes to far and Ramsey is lazy as fuck because he should recognise Bellerin has moved across and that needs to get back in. Bellerin's attempted tackle is the worst thing about it, just runs straight past him. Not sure what Cech was doing either arcing his run?? Shit goal to give away and performance in general from Arsenal.

I would agree that he's clearly a great fit for Bournemouth and maybe he needs managerial success elsewhere to be a proven top-class manager, but to take a club the size of Bournemouth from the basement of League Two to where they are now is an achievement that dwarfs anything Southgate has done.

It does i agree, not saying it as right but i would imagine that's the thought process of those at the FA plus Southgate is one of their own and jobs for the boys and all that.

He tucks in first to follow Fraser and you have to move across with your back 4, problem is he then goes to far and Ramsey is lazy as fuck because he should recognise Bellerin has moved across and that needs to get back in. Bellerin's attempted tackle is the worst thing about it, just runs straight past him. Not sure what Cech was doing either arcing his run?? Shit goal to give away and performance in general from Arsenal.
I'd never want my full back coming inside that far, any kind of overlap and you're fucked. Pass him on, the centre halves are underworked anyway with only one forward to look after. But yeah Arsenal have been terrible, such a strange team.

Wenger needs to move on, constantly coming in the CL places but rarely have they challenged for the title since 2004 and in all those CL appearances they've got one runners up spot to show for it.
Great at bullying teams outside the top 4 but are generally shite against top opposition.

I'd never want my full back coming inside that far, any kind of overlap and you're fucked. Pass him on, the centre halves are underworked anyway with only one forward to look after. But yeah Arsenal have been terrible, such a strange team.

I thought that initially but having watched the replay both centre halves were up against other Bournemouth players so Bellerin can't pass him on. Fraser passes himself on by making a move across Mustafi and then neither Bellerin or Ramsey react and it just summed up that first half performance from then on.

Can someone give me a good reason as to why Howe wasn't offered the England job? I've had this debate with a few mates over Christmas and I've yet to hear one.

Would the current crop of Prima Donna's getting the England shirt at the moment have respect for someone of Howe's stature/experience?
Probably wouldn't matter who was in charge though to be fair.

Bellerin and Cech masterclass again.

That's a foul all day on Bellerin, he's clearly pushed him in the back but more poor goalkeeping from Cech. Still don't think he's as good as many think he is and worth so many points a season. He concedes far too many soft goals like that.

Yeah that's a foul but terrible goalkeeping. Fraser has been superb since he got into the Bournemouth side

It is a foul but I don't know why he's dawdling after the ball, Ryan Fraser isn't three yards quicker than him. Didn't need to be under pressure.

Cech is just merely decent these days, some way behind Forster and Pickford let alone De Gea/Lloris. Not a keeper who earns you points as a matter of course any more.

How long will it be before one of the bigger clubs come knocking on the Bournemouth door about Eddie Howe?

He's improved them but then he always would with the state of Arsenal's keepers for so long. Forster has been dreadful this season, Saints fans are turning on him.

Bellerin has been shocking tonight, hasn't he? He must be absolutely fucked with his usual style and the short amount of recovery. Arsenal are terrible in periods like this, not sure how Wenger so consistently gets it wrong for a man so intelligent.

I think you are watching his next club tonight. Pretty sure Arsenal will want him when Wenger decides to retire.

He will want to stay in the south, that is for sure.

Oh, Sanchez scores. come back on?

He's improved them but then he always would with the state of Arsenal's keepers for so long. Forster has been dreadful this season, Saints fans are turning on him.

Bellerin has been shocking tonight, hasn't he? He must be absolutely fucked with his usual style and the short amount of recovery. Arsenal are terrible in periods like this, not sure how Wenger so consistently gets it wrong for a man so intelligent.

I've always maintained that Cech wasn't better than Ospina when they signed him and i still think that. Forster has been poor, he's too big and can't move well enough.

Bellerin doesn't look fit at all, he looks physically and mentally tired. Not as athletic as usual and not aware of what is around him.

Back