• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

Hazard's just got Herrera sent off there, kind of ruins the game a bit

The softest two yellows you can see. Ruins what was a decent game.

No sympathy for Herrera, niggly little bastard in every single game.

This, the only person that's ruined the game is Herrera. Can see Jones being sent off at some point too. Mourinho is a bang average manager these days and this United team is really poor to watch.

The softest two yellows you can see. Ruins what was a decent game.

Agree with this. Never a yellow card the second one and i think the first one could just have been a warning. How hasn't Jones been sent off though if Herrera has, he's hammered Hazard 3 times.

I cannot see that Herrera can have any complaints. Also, clubs have been told that their players must not surround the referee.

God I hate it when defenders stand with their arms behind their back. Maybe Rojo wouldn't have blocked the shot anyway but it just looks absolutely ridiculous.

Rashford should score there, did really well to create the chance and then blasts straight at the keeper

Rashford should score there, did really well to create the chance and then blasts straight at the keeper

Fantastic Roger Johnson impression from Cahill along the way.

Kante should win Player of the Year this time.

Fantastic Roger Johnson impression from Cahill along the way.

Kante should win Player of the Year this time.

Only half a RoJo impression as he didn't do it for a full 40 yards.

Agreed on Kante, has been awesome all season again

The BBC bias towards Man Utd is embarrassing. They've been terrible all nigh and Keown thinks they may well be win it. Clown.

Stupid from Herrera when he's already on a yellow, I do like Herrera when he's able to get his head up and play football rather than fouling all the time.

Refreshing to see united treated properly by a ref, saying that though Phil Jones picked the wrong sport and should have chosen rugby. Pogba is never worth 89mil, kante is though

Stupid from Herrera when he's already on a yellow, I do like Herrera when he's able to get his head up and play football rather than fouling all the time.

Refreshing to see united treated properly by a ref, saying that though Phil Jones picked the wrong sport and should have chosen rugby. Pogba is never worth 89mil, kante is though
Pogba is worth 89m in some leagues. The system Juventus employed allowed him the luxury of flexing all of his considerable talents and minimized his poorer attributes. Mourinho hasn't been using him in nearly the same way.

Baffling really to buy a player based on his form in a certain system with the intent to use him in a different way.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

He's been playing pretty well for United with Herrera and Carrick alongside him. He's not someone who is going to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, but then I'm surprised people expect that of him having watched him for Juve? The system there allowed him to float in and out of the game and provide the magic - from whenever I watched them.

He's been playing pretty well for United with Herrera and Carrick alongside him. He's not someone who is going to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, but then I'm surprised people expect that of him having watched him for Juve? The system there allowed him to float in and out of the game and provide the magic - from whenever I watched them.

He reminds he a bit of Ross Barkley.

Obviously there's talent there but he's a bit of a moron most of the time, they both need that stable base behind them so they can just fuck off mincing around doing their mad shit without too much responsibility, if you can set your team up to provide them that freedom then they'll generally pop up with enough moments of magic to make it worthwhile. I think in time they could both mature and be able to play a more restrained, responsible role deeper in midfield, they've both got the ability to do so but lack the mentality at the moment because too often they ignore the safe/sensible option and cause more problems for their own team than the opponents when it goes wrong. Martinez seemed too happy to oblige Barkley in this, Koeman seems to be trying to instill a bit more responsibility in him with mixed results, but Mourinho just doesn't seem to spot the problem with Pogba though he keeps pushing him deeper to accommodate the likes of Mkhitaryan or Mata and then they struggle to control a game without the steady influence provided by the Herrera/Carrick pairing.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. Although I've noticed Barkley has played as part of the front three for Everton for the most part recently (and him and the team have performed better).

You'd think someone as clever as Mourinho would have spotted by now that when he plays Carrick AND Herrera they do better, as they have been. It might just be that he played him deeper because he had three at the back but it still massively limits a player like Pogba. Going forward they need another top class midfielder to play behind him as Carrick doesn't stay fit enough to play regularly.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. Although I've noticed Barkley has played as part of the front three for Everton for the most part recently (and him and the team have performed better).

You'd think someone as clever as Mourinho would have spotted by now that when he plays Carrick AND Herrera they do better, as they have been. It might just be that he played him deeper because he had three at the back but it still massively limits a player like Pogba. Going forward they need another top class midfielder to play behind him as Carrick doesn't stay fit enough to play regularly.

I haven't seen much of Everton this season to be fair, but think Koeman was leaving Barkley out all together quite a lot early on so assumed he'd bucked his ideas up a bit to get back into the team rather than being accommodated further forwards.

It does seem bizarre that Mourinho keeps making the same mistake with Pogba, especially as a manager who nearly always leans towards a more cautious approach you'd think he'd rather use someone like Blind to replace Carrick rather than bring Pogba back in there. It is a bit of a dilemma for them though because ideally you'd want Mkhitaryan in that central role behind Ibrahimovic but then you're forced to play Pogba deep or not at all, fuck knows how they'll try and make it work next season if they do end up signing Griezmann.

They are quite unbalanced aren't they despite all the money spent in previous years. They don't seem to be learning as a club, it's rather strange. I think you could get a fluid three behind Ibrahimovic (Mkhi, Pogba and Griezmann) which would be quite a scary prospect, with Mata, Rashford, Martial as back up too. But I struggle to see Jose going that way, even if he has done better than I expected this season.

They are quite unbalanced aren't they despite all the money spent in previous years. They don't seem to be learning as a club, it's rather strange. I think you could get a fluid three behind Ibrahimovic (Mkhi, Pogba and Griezmann) which would be quite a scary prospect, with Mata, Rashford, Martial as back up too. But I struggle to see Jose going that way, even if he has done better than I expected this season.

Their recruitment has seemed a bit scattergun lately, not signing bad players but not really strengthening the areas they need most.

Took them forever to sort out central midfield after the best years of Keane, Scholes, etc. but now they're in the same position with Carrick getting on and don't seem to have done anything to remedy the situation, been hit and miss with centre halves since Ferdinand/Vidic though Bailly has looked promising at times, haven't had a proper right back since Neville, haven't got a proper left back with Shaw so far out of favour either, only one proper striker who can do it for a club at their level and all the attacking midfielders are pretty similar that'll they sort of float around the no.10 position. It'd be interesting to see what they'd have planned for Griezmann if they got him, would he want to drop back to a deeper position like he played at Sociedad? They haven't really got anyone who play a proper wide role to stretch a game at the minute either and with the generally makeshift fullbacks you'd think they could struggle if teams pack the central areas.

They've definitely played better football at times this season when they got the likes of Pogba and Mkhitayran up around Ibrahimovic, better than I imagined from Mourinho, but there are still too many games where it just looks a mess of nothingness until one of the big names steps up to bail them out.

Back