• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
At times, Uniteds defence is all over the place. Runners not being picked up, and they seem so static at set pieces, though to be fair they have a few players out injured.

It's been a very "Wolves under Mick" performance* from Bournemouth. Not given United a second on the ball.

*The good kind, not the "Wigan at home on Boxing Day" kind.

Not sure how Murray hasn't finished the game there.

Fellaini having a reasonable game for once and looking a threat, so LvG takes him off. Clueless.

Possibly the worst line up I've seen United field for a league game in my lifetime???

de Gea

Varela McNair Blind Borthwick-Jackson

Carrick Fellaini

Lingard Mata Depay

Martial​

Just look at the state of it.

There were some beauties around 10 years ago. Liam Miller, Eric Djemba-Djemba, David Bellion and Kleberson. That's as bad a back four as I've seen them field though since the late 80s.

I think United will get a draw out of this game, but they have been very average. Van Gaal has not made them a better side despite spending over a quarter of a million pounds on players.

Liam Miller. :icon_lol:

I'd forgotten about him. I remember watching him make his debut vs Dundee Utd. He's 34 now and playing for the Rebel Army (Cork City)!

A deserved win for Bournemouth and it should have been more than just 2-1

Now leaves Villa 8 points from safety effectively 9 if you consider goal difference.

Leicester City were top, and could be again on Monday. Crystal Palace and Watford are in the top eight, is this a poor Premier league, or have the so called lesser teams closed the gap?

Leicester City were top, and could be again on Monday. Crystal Palace and Watford are in the top eight, is this a poor Premier league, or have the so called lesser teams closed the gap?

Bit of both probably I think the so called big guns aren't as strong and the middle to lower ranking sides have improved.

Both.

Like I said on one of the Wolves threads the other day - the spending power of the mid-ranking PL clubs has improved to the point where they can pick up Champions League level players. Villa look a desperately poor side and Sunderland aren't much better, but that's the end result of years of awful decisions. Aside from those two, there really aren't any terrible teams in the league, they can all hold their own against anyone on their day.

At the same time, the top 4-6 teams all have pretty big flaws at the moment. None of them are especially vintage teams that we'll look back on in 10-20 years and mark them out as great.

Definitely an Arsenal penalty. Not quite sure why Kevin Friend took decades to give it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back