• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could have the same feel as when Forest were top under Clough and everyone thought they would fall away. However the big boys have more power than in the late 70s. Someone will move ahead of Leicester eventually. It looks like Arsenal are the most likely.

If Wenger had gone out and bought a top class defensive midfielder they'd have walked it this year. As it is they relied on Coquelin alone for that area who isn't that good and is also injured now. I'd still have them to win it from here though. Pellegrini messes it up tactically too often and their big players get injured too much, Liverpool are nowhere near, Chelsea are out of it, United are going in the wrong direction under a total fraud and Spurs/Everton don't win often enough when they should.

If Wenger had gone out and bought a top class defensive midfielder they'd have walked it this year. As it is they relied on Coquelin alone for that area who isn't that good and is also injured now. I'd still have them to win it from here though. Pellegrini messes it up tactically too often and their big players get injured too much, Liverpool are nowhere near, Chelsea are out of it, United are going in the wrong direction under a total fraud and Spurs/Everton don't win often enough when they should.

Where do you think Leicester City will finish? Top four possibly.

They'll never have a better chance. Obviously it's absolutely key that they keep Vardy and Mahrez fit (I don't think they'll even consider selling either next month). They're the two players they absolutely could not replace within their squad.

They're up there on merit, they haven't been lucky wins so far. Looking forward to the game tomorrow night. If I had to put money on it I'd say they won't make the top four, it'll be the Europa League - but I hope they do manage it.

Agreed that Newcastle are streets ahead of Aston Villa. And if Villa get out of this mess then Garde should get manager of the season. They are as poor a premier league side I have seen for some time.

Indeed. I said back at the start of October that their squad was gash and was told they'd be 'comfortably mid-table'.

They're gash.

They'll never have a better chance. Obviously it's absolutely key that they keep Vardy and Mahrez fit (I don't think they'll even consider selling either next month). They're the two players they absolutely could not replace within their squad.

They're up there on merit, they haven't been lucky wins so far. Looking forward to the game tomorrow night. If I had to put money on it I'd say they won't make the top four, it'll be the Europa League - but I hope they do manage it.

Leicester fans that I know, and I know quite a lot, think they will finish in the top eight. That in itself would be a tremendous achievement, but when you look at the teams in the top six, Leicester are the only team who have been consistent. Only Arsenal have beaten them, and they have won their last two away games 3 - 0. Everyone is waiting for the Foxes to fall away, but so far they are not showing any signs of doing so.

MNF analysis of the Bournemouth winner with Carragher and Lampard has been really interesting. Especially digging out a game from 2004 Bournemouth v Port Vale when Eddie Howe was involved in a similar routine as a player, and how the routine has changed and improved over the years, and indeed over this season until it caught Man United out. Really good stuff. It misses Gary Neville for sure, but that was interesting.

Bellamy was good last week too - I miss G-Nev but it's still great viewing.

Easily the best analysis we have been blessed with in British TV football. Enough time to go into plenty of interesting detail, knowledgeable pundits. It is just excellent.

Easily the best analysis we have been blessed with in British TV football. Enough time to go into plenty of interesting detail, knowledgeable pundits. It is just excellent.

Agreed. And I do wonder how long it will be before Jamie Carragher is involved in coaching at a football club. He certainly talks a lot of sense whenever I see him on sky sports.

Carragher was with the England u17s side recently. So I imagine he is interested in that

Leicester defenders are trying to wind Diego Costa up, how long before he reacts to it?

I cannot believe he has walked off down the tunnel there. Absolute nothing challenge. And then Mourinho has hooked him.

Lovely stuff Leicester.

Little dinked cross from Mahrez, Vardy ghosts in through the middle of the box and a tidy little finish on the volley.

1-0 Leicester.

Miserable shit of a player this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back