• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it quite amusing that we are all supposed to get worried about our English coefficient and we may lose a place in the Champions League......oh well

As the chances of Wolves benefitting from that co-efficient in my lifetime are rather remote, I can quite happily laugh at United and co struggling.

I find it quite amusing that we are all supposed to get worried about our English coefficient and we may lose a place in the Champions League......oh well

I'd find it fucking hilarious if the PL lost a place and listening to the fans of the fourth placed team whining to buggery.

Would prefer us to have as many teams as possible but it's all calculated on solid factual evidence (unlike say, the FIFA rankings) and our teams haven't been good enough for a long time. Not helped by teams treating the Europa League with contempt at times. Just never got the attitude of some managers there - why didn't Liverpool go all out to win it last year when they were dropped into it? They couldn't win the Premier League. Redknapp was the worst for it, didn't even get Spurs through the group stage one year FFS.

I'd find it fucking hilarious if the PL lost a place and listening to the fans of the fourth placed team whining to buggery.

It's all sorted out a year in advance - so if we lose a place everyone will know that only 3rd place will do. You can't finish 4th and have it snatched away as it were. It'll still be four teams in the CL next season.

Would prefer us to have as many teams as possible but it's all calculated on solid factual evidence (unlike say, the FIFA rankings) and our teams haven't been good enough for a long time. Not helped by teams treating the Europa League with contempt at times. Just never got the attitude of some managers there - why didn't Liverpool go all out to win it last year when they were dropped into it? They couldn't win the Premier League. Redknapp was the worst for it, didn't even get Spurs through the group stage one year FFS.
If one less of the ordained few at the top of the PL gets on the gravy train then I'm happy with that. I don't have BT so I don't even get to watch the matches anymore, so nowt in it for me or Wolves

It's all sorted out a year in advance - so if we lose a place everyone will know that only 3rd place will do. You can't finish 4th and have it snatched away as it were. It'll still be four teams in the CL next season.

I know that I'd just laugh when they all start blaming each other for crap performances because the PL clubs lose a place.
Man Utd since the 2011 final have been CL disaster, Liverpool were a joke last season and Arsenal seem always to come 2nd and now out in the last 16.

You can guarantee that the season we only have three CL spots is the season Spurs manage to finish fourth again...

What's the best game to watch tonight?

I quite fancy Arsenal to at least go close to their required result. They need to go for it so I am expecting quite an open game. That would probably be my choice if I had BT sport to watch it on.

I'd say Arsenal as they have to go for it. Chelsea are more or less through with a point I think regardless (H2H will probably get cancelled out as the top three all beat each other, so would need Dynamo Kyiv to win 6-0 for them to be in jeopardy - at least as far as I can work out) so I expect them to play with a 0-0 as their immediate priority. Just as well as they are dire as an attacking force at the moment.

I quite fancied Valencia vs Lyon until I checked the standings. Dead rubber.

Arsenal it is then.

Zenit are without Witsel and Hulk vs Gent but should still be a strong team as they can be the only team with a 100% record if they win. Could do with it really as they're all over the place domestically.

Gent need to win to guarantee qualification, they draw and Valencia win then they're finishing 3rd.

It's not. Valencia win, Ghent lose they are through

How I miss that? Mare.

Might go for the Valencia game then. Streaming it so I can always change if it's a poor game.

What the hell has happened to Lyon? 1 point so far, 5th domestically and dropping like a stone.

Lacazette has struggled a bit this season and Fekir is crocked.

French clubs not called PSG are really struggling of late. Ayew leaving Marseille for Swansea and Payet leaving Marseille for West Ham really tells the story.

Got Roma v. BATE on, myself.

Mustafi header disallowed. Not sure why.

What has happened to Daniele de Rossi, he offers absolutely nothing these days.

Knocking on a bit now isn't he? 32 or so?

Olympiacos the better team in the opening 20 in Piraeus.

Yeah, guess he is, but even so it's been some time since he really earned his reputation.

As it is, he's leaving Manolas and Rudiger horribly exposed; they're good players but a bit naive yet and would be well served with a bit of help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back