• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff - since knowing DW I have always looked out for St Pauli and want them to do well.

Early days yet, but Newcastle United offer very little going forward. It could be a long season for them and their neighbours down the road.

Wijnaldum and Thauvin are good players. Considerably better than what they've had in the past few years in those positions. They need to find a way to get the most out of them.

Krul

Janmaat - Mbemba - Coloccini - Haidara

Wijnaldum - Sissoko

Aarons - de Jong - Thauvin

Cisse

May seem overly attacking but Wijnaldum and Sissoko can both play from deep.

Sissoko should be able to play there but he clearly doesn't want to. Wijnaldum can't play deep. De Jong is a flake. Haidara is appalling, he has to go. Cisse can finish but nothing else, it'd have to be that psychopath Mitrovic there or Ayoze who is good but not really a lone striker.

Newcastle just went for the wrong type of player during the summer. It was obvious last season they required more grit and determination yet again they went and bought more candy floss.

Looks like a broken leg for Luke Shaw :(

Definitely looks like a broken leg, looked horrendous. Got to feel for him after a very good start to the season.

Gutted for him. He's brilliant.

I don't see the big deal around Shaw, fantastic breakthrough season for Southampton but since then he's been steady but unspectacular. Don't see him reaching Ashely Cole levels.

He's 20 and defensively is outstanding. It's his attacking game he needs to work more on. That's not what you'd usually expect from a defender of his age.

Last season was pretty much a write off and sadly it looks like this season will be too.

God help City in the Champions League if Aguero misses a few games, Bony is comically out of his depth.

Awful defending from Chiellini, didn't even try to win the ball and that's why Kompany looks like he's all over him.

You see that given as a free kick all the time but I don't think Chiellini can really have too many complaints. If you just stand there then you're fair game.

God help City in the Champions League if Aguero misses a few games, Bony is comically out of his depth.

Really? I think he's done alright, his link up play is excellent at times but looks like a striker who needs a bit of confidence in front of goal.

He's 20 and defensively is outstanding. It's his attacking game he needs to work more on. That's not what you'd usually expect from a defender of his age.

Last season was pretty much a write off and sadly it looks like this season will be too.
He's a good player, no doubt, but I just don't see him as being a world class player in waiting. Steady being the choice word for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back