• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
One point though - Savage the idiot has just called Bale the greatest player ever to pull on the red of Wales.

John Charles??????

Could end up with a group next summer containing England, Wales, Scotland and N Ireland.

Wouldn't have thought so unless they change how they've been doing the finals draw since 2004.

As was the case for the 2004 and 2008 finals, the sixteen finalists were divided into four seeding pots, using the UEFA national team coefficient ranking. The pot allocations were based on the UEFA national team coefficient rankings of the sixteen finalists at the end of the qualifying competition in November 2011. Each nation's coefficient was generated by calculating:

40% of the average ranking points per game earned in the UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying stage.

40% of the average ranking points per game earned in the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying stage and final tournament.

20% of the average ranking points per game earned in the UEFA Euro 2008 qualifying stage and final tournament.

Wales were 34th, Scotland 31st and Northern Ireland 39th at the start of Euro 2016 qualifying. They'll all have an uplift but I don't think any will get into Pot 2 and you might still have two in Pot 4, depending on who else qualifies.

The ranking system is fucking wank!! Everybody sees it and i hope it will change next year...fucking joke

Last second Latvia equaliser keeps Turkey below the Dutch. They have been very lucky with that.

The ranking system is fucking wank!! Everybody sees it and i hope it will change next year...fucking joke

Well yes, but Wales are only 9th, not the 8th you claimed earlier! It is ridiculously weighted towards results in the last twelve months for the rankings, and so Wales are massively too high. Do well in the Euros should we make it, and then maybe such a ranking will be justified. Same for Romania. At the moment, it just appears to be nonsensical.

So what..do you rate wales as 9th in the world of football??? Not a fucking chance..romania, i have lost my words..come on everybody see this is massively off

Norway pulled out a 1-0 win against Bulgaria to brighten my workday.

Plus anyway Fred - it looks like Zlatan and co have a great chance of qualifying so who knows maybe Wales v Sweden in a group game? From my Euro 2004 experience in Swede Bar in Luxembourg for the game against Denmark I can assure you that Sweden v Wales could well be one of the great world piss-ups!

Iceland look almost certainties to qualify now after tonight's result, population of less than 350,000.

Sorry Paddy, im just a bit frustrated sweden is 36th on that fucking list

You were 13th on the coefficient list before this qualifying started so if you go through then you should at worst be in pot two for the finals - maybe even pot one as Holland, Greece, Russia, Bosnia and Ukraine might not go through and they were all higher.

You're low in the FIFA rankings principally because you've failed to qualify for either of the last two World Cups, I would guess.

Hahaha :) they have to sort out a better ranking system than this anyway...this is horrible, and everybody can see that :)

Iceland best team in the world soon coming the ranking system :)

You were 13th on the coefficient list before this qualifying started so if you go through then you should at worst be in pot two for the finals - maybe even pot one as Holland, Greece, Russia, Bosnia and Ukraine might not go through and they were all higher.

You're low in the FIFA rankings principally because you've failed to qualify for either of the last two World Cups, I would guess.

Sorry, have wales EVER qualified for the WC?

I rest my case....

Tell you what Fred, rant on your own. I'm not going to bother explaining the ins and outs to you if you're just going to ignore half my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back