• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joke of a goal!

I've watched the Batth-EEL dream team for months this season but even they haven't been on this scale.

Think the cross hit 3 defenders before it dropped to Fernandinho then he manages to spanner it in off another 2 defenders by the looks of things, the sort of thing you'd be embarrassed to celebrate if you were knocking it round with your mates.

Think that's the first time I've seen Aguero have a touch anywhere near the opponent's box and all he does is rattle it into someone's shins.

City never really look at full throttle anymore do they?

Complete nothing performances from Silva and Aguero tonight, Navas is wank and you're never going to get much threat from Fernando/Fernandinho in the middle. If they'd had more to offer going forwards than a half fit De Bruyne they really could've caused a lot more problems for PSG.

A very good result for Manchester City. I would expect them to finish the job off in Manchester.

It's a decent result all told, chaotic stuff but two away goals puts them firmly in the driving seat. Both sides are nowhere near Barca/Bayern levels for all the money they've spent, PSG rarely impress me, they've looked all at sea there again defensively and this is City without Kompany and Yaya. If you had your free pick of anyone in Europe to sign with money no object, how many of those 27 players used tonight would you consider taking, not many.

It's a decent result all told, chaotic stuff but two away goals puts them firmly in the driving seat. Both sides are nowhere near Barca/Bayern levels for all the money they've spent, PSG rarely impress me, they've looked all at sea there again defensively and this is City without Kompany and Yaya. If you had your free pick of anyone in Europe to sign with money no object, how many of those 27 players used tonight would you consider taking, not many.

Yet both clubs have spent a kings ransom on players. So they should have most of the best players available,

PSG can't attract the very best because the league is rubbish, pretty much all their top players are very much second tier, also because they outclass everyone domestically they never get tested defensively and then get found wanting when they're up against anything approaching quality in Europe. They didn't even have it all their own way against the worst Chelsea team in 20 years, far from convincing over the two legs.

City just haven't built on their initial raft of spending, their team now is worse than what they had four years ago, the existing stars in Yaya/Kompany have got old and most of the signings they've made since their first PL title have been awful.

For reference this is who they've bought (at no little expense) since summer 2012:

Javi Garcia
Matija Nastasic
Jack Rodwell
Scott Sinclair
Maicon
Richard Wright
Fernandinho
Stevan Jovetic
Alvaro Negredo
Jesus Navas
Martin Demichelis
Eliaquim Mangala
Wilfried Bony
Fernando
Willy Caballero
Bruno Zuculini
Bacary Sagna
Frank Lampard
Kevin De Bruyne
Raheem Sterling
Nicolas Otamendi
Fabian Delph
Patrick Roberts
Enes Unal

That's a horrendous hit rate.

Just seen the penalty. Alan you've had a shocker. How can you watch replays and still think that's a pen!!!

They must have paid a few bob for all those players, and true, some of them are not that special.

Just seen the penalty. Alan you've had a shocker. How can you watch replays and still think that's a pen!!!
For me it's a nailed on pen. Sagna stuck his leg out, there was contact, and Luiz went down. I can't see how you can not give it to be honest. The ref had no choice.

Contact doesn't mean it was a foul. Luiz kicked Sagna so foul the other way if anything

Reason I didn't bother with El Classico on Saturday full of that shit going on.

Just got tipped off about that bit of marcelo acting.
He's a fairly cretinous individual anyway, but that's a new depth even for him.

What's funny is the Wolfsburg lad still got booked even though you can clearly see the referee running away in the opposite direction to the incident. That means the decision to book him must have clearly come from the linesman - who was presumably close enough to see exactly what happened. And if he wasn't or didn't see what happened - then the team of officials have made their decision on nothing other than pure guesswork; which is totally out of order.

Marcelo should receive some sort of retrospective punishment for acting like a complete cock - but the officials haven't covered themselves in glory either.

It's also the reason I don't watch El Classico. I can't stand all the play acting - it's pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back