• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arnold and Bale squared up in the ensuing melee and both got booked. Don't think Arnold was booked for anything that happened with Marcelo.

For me it's a nailed on pen. Sagna stuck his leg out, there was contact, and Luiz went down. I can't see how you can not give it to be honest. The ref had no choice.

Agree 100%. Sagna is so far away from the ball and has lunged out so far that it's a wonder anyone can defend him. Has Luiz not done his best to get out of the way? Maybe. But it's hardly a dive in that the contact is certainly what's brought him down. If he had tripped over Sagna's calf, I can see the case for no call. But he hasn't, he's tripped over Sagna's thigh almost at the hip.

All said tho Hart has saved the penalty so it's basically null.

Agree 100%. Sagna is so far away from the ball and has lunged out so far that it's a wonder anyone can defend him. Has Luiz not done his best to get out of the way? Maybe. But it's hardly a dive in that the contact is certainly what's brought him down. If he had tripped over Sagna's calf, I can see the case for no call. But he hasn't, he's tripped over Sagna's thigh almost at the hip.

All said tho Hart has saved the penalty so it's basically null.

What it again and watch Luiz's left leg.

He's swings it in between Sagna's legs to ensure that contact is made. Sagna makes a proper shit lunge of a tackle, which makes part of me want to see the penalty because he deserves to be punished for such wank, but he's miles away from Luiz, if the big curly haired goon wanted to skip around his leg and go after the ball then he could've easily done so. Sagna has his leg planted on the floor well before contact is made, he's even started lifting it back off the floor by the time the two players connect!

I have done, multiple times. "Miles away from Luiz" is overstating things, IMO.

Well obviously not literally miles away from him but contact is far from inevitable based on Sagna's actions alone.

Sagna's lunge isn't great but it didn't bring Luiz down, what did bring him down is the fact that he runs into Sagna and decides to kick him as well and then go down. Sagna deserves to give a pen away because it's so stupid but Luiz has manufactured the contact.

If Sagna could trap a bag of cement that would have helped as well.

Mangala's challenge on Matuidi was almost certainly a foul and that's a red card too if the ref gives it, so it balanced out in City's favour anyway.

If Sagna could trap a bag of cement that would have helped as well.

Mangala's challenge on Matuidi was almost certainly a foul and that's a red card too if the ref gives it, so it balanced out in City's favour anyway.

Maybe I need glasses; I thought the Mangala challenge was far less a pen than the Sagna one.

It's irrelevant if Luiz leaves his leg out. Sagna has lunged in from too far away and connected.

Lovren should score there, great ball, free header.

Yep may regret that! Liverpool doing alright so far. Dortmund you just know could strike at any moment.

Origi justifying his inclusion ahead of Sturridge, bit of luck on the finish but good movement.

Ah he should have buried that!

Should have done! Though Liverpool lucky to survive just before that off the corner.

Klopp's got his tactics spot on so far.

Terrible?? There wasn't any at all!

What sequence of pressure that was!

First save by Weidenfeller was superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back