• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the Portsmouth vs Bournemouth game, very impressed with how Paul Cook has set up his side. Out passing Bournemouth. One nil to Pompey Roberts with the finish. Stand out performer Christian Burgess a monster centre half performing like a young Rio Ferdinand.

Oxford beating Swansea in R3 was a shock surely.

Ah yes - forgot that one. That has been pretty much it. And now Shrewsbury appear to have done Sheff Wed in the last seconds.

The big boys just don't seem to be losing to lower league oppo this year (Swansea being the exception).

To be honest I just find the cup utterly dull these days. Nothing exciting about it at all.

I have always liked the FA Cup, but the clubs have ruined it by putting out reserve teams in cup games. It is a shame as FA cup day used to be a special day, particularly the third round.

Premier League squads are so big and strong these days that even a weakened side by and large takes care of one from a league lower

Indeed, Burnley have been doing well lately, Arsenal made a load of changes but it's Ospina, Chambers, Gabriel, Gibbs, Elneny, Iwobi and Oxlade-Chamberlain coming in, none of them get in their strongest XI but there's some real quality there.

Yes that is fair comment. Back in the day clubs had much smaller squads, and as such usually played their strongest team in every game. I think when Liverpool won the league in 1980, they only used 16 players.

Yes that is fair comment. Back in the day clubs had much smaller squads, and as such usually played their strongest team in every game. I think when Liverpool won the league in 1980, they only used 16 players.

No wonder they won the league, how did they manage to get away with it all season?

That's probably the worst game i've ever seen. 2 teams who didn't really try and win the game, felt like they both wanted a replay from the start.

I think West Ham played for the replay. I think Klopp's selection was hope to win expect to lose but give experience. The last thing he wants is another game after all his Winter Break whinging

Liverpool have put out two totally different teams in the last few days, and neither looked particularly good. What has happened to the Liverpool that thrashed Manchester City at the Etihad not so long ago?

Shrewsbury v Sheffield Wednesday. Five goal thriller. Upset. Ninety seconds of highlights. Liverpool v west ham. Bag of nails with barely a shot on target. Five minutes already and still counting. Fuck off BBC you big team loving cunts.

They didn't send a commentator or full cameras to the Shrewsbury game (as evidenced by them using Radio Shropshire's feed on the goals) so they couldn't have shown extended highlights of that one. The Liverpool vs West Ham footage was ripped directly from BT, commentary and all. Don't think it's so much big team bias as doing MOTD on a very small budget for the FA Cup, at least in these rounds.

And you know who to blame for the BBC's budget being drastically slashed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back