• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swansea deserved to win, but Watford were very poor. They showed little appetite for the game until the last few minutes.

I've got the BBC's Final Score on as they're showing the goals as they go in. Two things:

1) The Villa match is the commentary game and they have Saunders on. My word does he still talk some rot. Including wondering what Lescott makes of being on the bench behind Ciaran Clark....it's a cup game you moron and they've made a ton of changes. He was captain on Saturday. However, I have lasted 45 minutes of listening to him, impressive I feel.

2) An object lesson in not to pay much attention to radio commentary. As the reporter informs us that "Madine showed great strength to hold off the defender and hammered the ball into the roof of the net", the pictures are in fact showing the defender falling on his arse under minimal pressure and Madine striking a shot under the keeper if anything, nowhere near the roof of the net.

Oh, and Saunders also spent a good 2-3 minutes rattling on about how he used to watch Gaelic football on TV on a Sunday morning (no context to this whatsoever) and then wittering on about Gareth Ainsworth looking a bit like David Ginola.

276810_1.jpg
57edfaa61e5bcd7c1dbcd27b70bdab48.jpg

Yeah Deano, what an absolute fucking ringer. As opposed to you who is just a ringpiece.

Heartbreak for Northampton, see themselves have a goal disallowed then go straight down the other end and concede a penalty to give MK the lead.

Aston Villa fans are apparently jeering their own players at every slight mistake. That will hardly help the players confidence.

Kaid Mohammed scored the second Eastleigh goal. Didn't know he had ended up there. I can remember him being easily the best player when he was at Bath City.

I've got the BBC's Final Score on as they're showing the goals as they go in. Two things:

1) The Villa match is the commentary game and they have Saunders on. My word does he still talk some rot. Including wondering what Lescott makes of being on the bench behind Ciaran Clark....it's a cup game you moron and they've made a ton of changes. He was captain on Saturday. However, I have lasted 45 minutes of listening to him, impressive I feel.

2) An object lesson in not to pay much attention to radio commentary. As the reporter informs us that "Madine showed great strength to hold off the defender and hammered the ball into the roof of the net", the pictures are in fact showing the defender falling on his arse under minimal pressure and Madine striking a shot under the keeper if anything, nowhere near the roof of the net.
Good lord man. You must be feeling really masochistic or something. I'd not be able to cope without some form of destruction.

Well that was interesting, spent my evening at Ashton Gate watching Brizzle play the shit. Without doubt, City should be no where near the drop, great side imo. Some players we should defo be after.

Well that was interesting, spent my evening at Ashton Gate watching Brizzle play the shit. Without doubt, City should be no where near the drop, great side imo. Some players we should defo be after.
Really, each to their own thoughts.
I watched the game on tv and thought Albion were never extended and kept Bristol at arms length for the duration of the match quite comfortably. Bristol hardly turned an Albion player and for the most part the West Brom defence sauntered round at their leasure. Yakob and Gardner seemed very content with Bristol hardly making them make any quick decisions and probed through the energetic Sessegnon.
I couldn't see a Bristol City game plan because they failed to get down the sides or have the ability to go past anyone in centre field or play through the Albion ranks.

I spoke with an Albion fan who went to the first game and he said no way should Brizzle be even close to trouble on that first showing as well.

Really, each to their own thoughts.
I watched the game on tv and thought Albion were never extended and kept Bristol at arms length for the duration of the match quite comfortably. Bristol hardly turned an Albion player and for the most part the West Brom defence sauntered round at their leasure. Yakob and Gardner seemed very content with Bristol hardly making them make any quick decisions and probed through the energetic Sessegnon.
I couldn't see a Bristol City game plan because they failed to get down the sides or have the ability to go past anyone in centre field or play through the Albion ranks.
I accept your opinion (obviously) but as politely as possible I'm gunna have to disagree. I thought for the most part Bristol were on top (maybe 60 out of the 90 mins) and they quite obviously wanted to play out from the back and knock it round looking for an opening, which they tried to do with through balls to a runner in behind, it didn't come off every time but the idea was there. And I thought their setup against a decent premier league side was pretty good. Everyone knew their roles and for the most part every player knew what their team mate wanted.

Aston Villa fans are apparently jeering their own players at every slight mistake. That will hardly help the players confidence.
They're professionals. They should be able to deal with it.

Rwanda are top of their ANC qualifying group after beating Gabon 2-1. Great story of they manage to qualify.

Think Kasper had got some superglue on his boots a bit like Cech with the Firmino strike the other week. Get off the ground and you save it, good strike or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back