• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

That "the press aren't here" bit should've been a sacking offence on the spot.

The biggest thing I'm looking forward to in the next few years is the end of the culture wars. The RWP will still try to bring them as will the new Tory leader if it's any of the 3 witches being tipped, but with the majority he has Starmer can completely ignore them as can we. No more Rwanda, no more transphobia lacking nuance. It'll all still happen, but will just be noise over there somewhere

This was the Tories chasing the racists who went to reform. I think the Tories have got a real identity crisis on their hands. What do they actually stand for now?

This was the Tories chasing the racists who went to reform. I think the Tories have got a real identity crisis on their hands. What do they actually stand for now?
What Labour stand for?

Genuine question?

I think Reform are the only party who have an identity - racism/nationalism.

All the labour only got 28% of the vote, got less votes than corbyn, this mp with not having a prope job before getting elected and is now minister for fisheries, shit that’s on social media is getting fucking annoying now, all the vote reform bots stuff has vanished though, so silver linings and all that, guess all those naked girls 500m away from my location wanting to meet me will be back soon

There is a brilliant graphic online with all 650 seats painted in blocks of each party colour to represent each present age point of the votes cast in each constituency.

Two things are clear. As the graph moves into Labour no hope territory the Lib Dem vote in each constituency shoots up. Brilliant demo of tactical voting, in contrast to reform which stays a fairly constant block throughout.

Secondly. As the Labour chunk in each constituency is bigger with safer seats, the green vote jumps up as protest votes from the left kick in once they know they can do so without risk to Labour losing the seat

What Labour stand for?

Genuine question?

I think Labour stand for (or aspire to) centrist policies or maybe slightly right of centre with a social conscience and a bit of competence.

What Labour stand for?

Genuine question?

Of course Reform's identity isn't 'racism' 🙄 we all know what Farage is, but you only see them having a clear identity because you dislike/demonise them. They would certainly disagree with part of your identity analysis.

Lots of the right wing press/commentators see Labour through left wing cliches of high tax, woke attitudes and open borders, which the far left would disagree with, and claim that Starmer's Labour is a grey blob of centre right nothingness.

Time will tell where the truth lies, but we have a viciously partisan political landscape full of cliche and bias (from all sides), and one the most interesting things about the early days of Starmer's Labour is a seeming desire to not be beholden to doctrine and ideology, which has tied both major parties in knots over the past God knows how long.

See problems and fix them seems to be what they stand for initially

The biggest thing I'm looking forward to in the next few years is the end of the culture wars. The RWP will still try to bring them as will the new Tory leader if it's any of the 3 witches being tipped, but with the majority he has Starmer can completely ignore them as can we. No more Rwanda, no more transphobia lacking nuance. It'll all still happen, but will just be noise over there somewhere
Not counting my chickens on this one. Still no women & equalities minister appointed, three days in. Very conspicuous and all the trans people I know are sweating about whether it gets given to one of the "legitimate concerns" muppets.

Back