• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

So your picking at me for calling Reform racist/nationalistic?

Give it a rest.

I thought you said you were proffering a 'genuine question' and I answered accordingly.

Of course Reform 'stand for' nationalism, I didn't disagree with that part, but to say they 'stand for' racism is sub-Owen Jones hysteria.

Doesn't mean they don't attract racists, or that Farage and co play dog whistle politics, but I thought we were talking about party identity rather than your subjective boxes

It's all in the eye of the beholder.

For me, labour stand for competency, which is in direct contrast to the previous incumbents.

Hopefully the next election will bring better choices to make between those who are competent, and those that aren't, in the context of our current democratic system of course.

Reform themselves (ie Farage and Tice and 30p Lee and not really a lot else as that is the core of the party as we stand today) absolutely wouldn't identify as racist. They would argue that they identify as strongly nationalistic and protective of what they see as "British" values. I'm sure all of us on here look at what they say and identify it as something far more insidious than they themselves do.

The key point is that your average run-of-the-mill, common-or-garden racist scumbag looks at their rhetoric and thinks "that's a party I want to identify myself with". And then, if they somehow got power (which I earnestly hope never happens) all the pie-in-the-sky stuff that littered their "contract with the British people" becomes utterly unworkable so doesn't happen, but all the nasty, insidious, close-minded stuff relating to their anti-immigration tub-thumping would be the only thing left they could implement, while being cheered on in this by the lumpen knuckle-draggers they attract.

Their identity is nationalist. The reality is Oswald Mosley-lite.

It's all in the eye of the beholder.

For me, labour stand for competency, which is in direct contrast to the previous incumbents.

Hopefully the next election will bring better choices to make between those who are competent, and those that aren't, in the context of our current democratic system of course.
That’s depressing if true, labour should always stand for social democracy - egalitarianism and improving the life of all people.

That’s depressing if true, labour should always stand for social democracy - egalitarianism and improving the life of all people.
Like all things, they change and they have to adjust to the current times.

The left of the party are just luddites to me, fighting a fight that belongs in the last century. The same as Reform.

I have some truck with some of the Labour left positions, but what I'll never understand with a lot of them (not so much anyone on here) is that they'd happily remain outside government if they can't have their own vision of what the party should look like. Which is madness. That berk Owen Jones sums them up and somehow they're happy to have him as a cheerleader.

I would take any mediocre Labour (or Lab/Lib/Green coalition if it came down to it) government over any Tory government and it's not even close.

In the hierarchy of what I want from a government, those ideals shouldn't be at the cost of a functioning government.

If labour do end up doing stuff like that brilliant, but to me getting rid of the Tories was the most important outcome.

At the next election, I hope something as fundamental as competency is a given for any serious propositions, at that point I can start giving more sway to ideology.

I bet a Venn diagram of Reform voters who are Nationalist and Racist looks more like a circle than a figure of eight.
I don't think anybody doubts that but racists often think they're not.

"lunatic woke virus working its way through the British state" what the fuck. She's having an actual breakdown

I like how Jobless Jacob is saying in the same piece that they didn't win because they weren't wankerish enough for the electorate. I think you may have misread the room somehow.

Robert Jenrick has today decided to have a go at the early release of prisoners to help make room for more serious offenders

Totally ignoring a few things....main one being the policy to do this was introduced by his Government 8 months ago

It's absolutely outrageous that her constituents thought to themselves "Yep, really happy with how she's representing us, have another 5 years"

Robert Jenrick has today decided to have a go at the early release of prisoners to help make room for more serious offenders

Totally ignoring a few things....main one being the policy to do this was introduced by his Government 8 months ago

Good old honest Bob.

Jenrick, who quit as immigration minister under Sunak, said: “I honestly don’t think that three days on from a general election in which we’ve just lost so many of our friends and colleagues that it is right to have self-indulgent conversations like this.

...but I'm going to appear on national TV to have them anyway.

Back