• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

Sunak chooses to leave the D-Day commemorations at his own choosing to have an interview with ITV news. The interview was to deny claims (included in a Tonight show broadcast to be aired next week) that any of the information contained in his £2k tax accusation was gathered from questionable sources. Still banging the independent analysis drum too despite evidence to the contrary.
The optics of leaving the event and not being beside world leaders isn’t going down well in Conservative circles.

As well as a disgrace, it's a massive own goal with the same people he was trying to please with his National Service bollox

The Labour mole working in his team is doing a cracking job...

Rishi Sunak has said it was “a mistake not to stay in France longer – and I apologise” after leaving D-day events early to take part in a TV interview.

He said: “I care deeply about veterans and have been honoured to represent the UK at a number of events in Portsmouth and France over the past two days and to meet those who fought so bravely.

“After the conclusion of the British event in Normandy, I returned back to the UK. On reflection, it was a mistake not to stay in France longer – and I apologise.”

He's blaming the itinerary, which meant that he wasn't planning on being there even before the election was called

I think it’s important though, given the enormity of the sacrifice made, that we don’t politicise this. The focus should rightly be on the veterans who gave so much.

Righto - so ducking an event so that a news clip where you lie about the oppositions tax plans can be in that evenings late news bulletins isn't political?

bbc/chris mason reporting that sunaks abandoning the international part of the ceremony was planned 6-7 weeks ago, prior to calling the GE

The problem with that line is that it suggests there was something else planned for the afternoon that was important enough to leave the D-Day commemorations early for, but not so important that it couldnt be ditched for an interview with ITV.

Hard to see what fits in the window...

I've seen a few people suggest that he thought hobnobbing with Macron and Shultz would look bad ffs

I’m starting to think it’s not the team of advisors ballsing all this up, it’s sunak himself just thinking fuck this, let’s make it a certainty we can move to California, and doing all this himself

The problem with that line is that it suggests there was something else planned for the afternoon that was important enough to leave the D-Day commemorations early for, but not so important that it couldnt be ditched for an interview with ITV.

Hard to see what fits in the window...
From leeds for Europe;

"What is becoming clear is that Sunak leaving the D Day commemoration early was a Brexit snub…he didn’t want to be seen at a French organised event standing next to the President of France and the Chancellor of Germany…

Nicholas Watt - “This by Rishi Sunak was planned. It was absolutely planned he would not be there”".

Social media gossip says he’s going to resign asap, tories are stopping election advertising because no donors are paying money, and they’ve realised the votes have collapsed for them.
How true this is who knows? Just putting it out there

Ok - let’s look into the detail behind the headline.
1717880806610.jpeg
Oh right - the country risks blackouts because Claire Coutinho says so. The Telegraph has turned into a comic.

Back