• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

I would suggest the Tory voters moving to whatever the racist party is now called indicates immigration is still a key issue for a lot.
They may not be able to afford to eat but that is not anyone's fault apart from that funny looking chap who came over on a boat.

There is an issue being raised by my MP at the moment regarding the accommodation for soldiers at the local barracks. The houses are essentially not fit to live in (and they won't spend money on them as they are selling the land soon) so the solution is crappy portakabins.
90% of the people commenting on it will include stuff like "yet we can put people from other countries up in a 5* hotel but our own have to suffer"

The likes of Suella Trump will shout loudest because they are also trying to cover over a big part of the rise in immigration. A large % of the numbers is not people in boats its workers covering the gaps created by Brexit but by shouting about them all coming to us via dinghy's on the channel they are covering up their mis-management of Brexit and stoking the angriest racist fuck wits up to make more noise.

Plenty of people like to blame immigrants for all of that.
in addition, plenty more are being encouraged to blame immigrants for these issues too.
and we're also back to barracking the ill and disabled, and alienating them too.

I was at the pub yesterday and head a bloke say that there's been "over 700,000 of the fuckers on dinghies this year", fucking bellend. And then when I corrected him that was just "main stream media lies" ffs :ROFLMAO:

Setting out her own ideas for reducing immigration, Mrs Braverman has called for an annual cap on net migration and the raising of the salary threshold outside health and social care to £45,000 a year.

I'm sure I heard last night that 100k this year was in social care and any attempt to stop dependents of the likes of foreign doctors isn't going to work as why would they come here if they have to leave families behind? I'm waiting for the likes of Cates and Kruger to demand that the younger generations need to have/train more kids to fill the skills gaps but would they want their offspring to be wiping the arses of the boomer generation for minimum pay? Besides which, the state doesn't help families of more than 2 children and having them is fast becoming a preserve for the wealthy.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Rish!, now I can't say to Mrs DW that she doesn't want me doing any DIY as "I'm probably the worst man in the UK at that".

I see cleverley is saying the wmp special measures is due to a lack of leadership by the Labour pcc.

Surely unrelated to the attempt by the Conservative mayor to take control of the pcc's role & responsibilities.

Not a great look to have to be told what to do regardless.

It's way worse than Ed's bacon sandwich, which shouldn't have impacted on anything but it did.

290px-Ed_Miliband_bacon_sandwich.jpg

I mean he looks weird but so does everyone if you take snapper shots every tenth of second while they're eating.

May looked way odder eating chips.

2479.jpg

But the perception was that Miliband was a bit of an odd political wonk (he is a bit) and couldn't understand real people (like Cameron and Osborne weren't way worse for that, but whatever) and it cut through. The perception with Half Pint is he was born into decent wealth, has married into enormous wealth and therefore doesn't understand the real world (couldn't fill his car up, couldn't pay by contactless, this nonsense). So it probably will cut through.

I don't feel sorry for Sunak as he's a prick and a terrible PM in charge of an awful party.

The student one is interesting as Universities need that money and is consistent with my daughter's experience, notably with the number of Chinese and Middle Eastern kids

Tbh I don't think it'd be a terrible idea for some sort of 'public services' levy for overseas students, unless they're studying for an occupation that's on our shortage list and commit to a couple of years work. It's a massive number of people to integrate into a population that's already poorly served and highly taxed. Obviously the money would need to spent properly etc which it wouldn't be, but it could in theory go some way to helping the strain and realistically a good portion of the families are going to be fucking minted. I'm sure the universities do well out of it financially, as do local landlords and some business, but if there was a way to get a contribution to local schools and health trusts as well it'd make the raw number easier for gammons to swallow

Back