• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

They aren't moving that needle anywhere near enough. You can flap about imaginary voters all you like.
You dismissed the idea of us voting to leave the EU, you dismissed the notion of Johnson getting a landslide victory. Your bubble isn't representative of the wider electorate. People are genuinely bothered by this issue. That's a combination of bigotry, fear, misinformation, being easily manipulated or down right stupid. Just because they aren't in your everyday life doesn't means they don't exist and if harnessed correctly are a powerful electoral ally. Nobody has said it will lead another Tory Government, it could be enough to damage the size of a Labour majority though

I don't go in for that kind of fatalism though, like I don't shit myself that Wolves will lose if we're 3-0 up with five minutes to go.

It cuts both ways, what do you think Lib Dems aiming to take southern seats off the Tories will be bringing up? It'll be Braverman and the associated nonsense.

You dismissed the idea of us voting to leave the EU, you dismissed the notion of Johnson getting a landslide victory. Your bubble isn't representative of the wider electorate. People are genuinely bothered by this issue. That's a combination of bigotry, fear, misinformation, being easily manipulated or down right stupid. Just because they aren't in your everyday life doesn't means they don't exist and if harnessed correctly are a powerful electoral ally. Nobody has said it will lead another Tory Government, it could be enough to damage the size of a Labour majority though
And if the “new plan” is denied then the votes will either stay at home or vote reform.

Reform now saying on Daily Politics they want nothing to do with the Rwanda scheme.

If it's too stupid and too racist for a stupid, racist party, why do people think it's going to move the dial for Rishi Sunak's Tories, who are already all kinds of unpopular on every level?

Stan is on fire this week...

I'm always in Cannock.

I know my town better than anyone. Anyone. From local government to national representation.

You know when Cannock people should have started paying attention? Not when people fleeing war stay in 2 hotels. We should have started paying attention when the sons and daughters of generations of Coal Miners (who in some of my mates cases were literally starving during the miners strike) continually voted for a party that has left our town in tatters.

The town centre is dead, go up to Park Road and see the line of people waiting for methadone as the town battles a major heroin problem, then look at the "shops" which now is vape /barber/poundshop on a loop, and then tell me with a straight face that Cannock voters aren't responsible for the state of the town but 200 brown people in 2 hotels are.

People walking around town in fucking dressing gowns and slippers, local standards disappearing due to the chronic lack of investment in infrastructure and people in our town based on voting for parties contrary to our town's interests has turned chunks of it feral.

And we can't blame "them" because 97.4% of Cannock people are white. But hey, it's the 200 people in hotels fault.

Only a bigot could blame people seeking asylum for the woes of a town which decided that decades of Tory government would make their town healthy, happy and productive but instead has left it a shell of the vibrant town it was many years ago.

Blame yourself for once. Blame your vote. Blame yourself for giving liars, cheats, corrupt officials your thumbs up nationally.

Blame you.

On Wednesday Rishi Sunak said three times the flights would take off by spring, despite the Supreme Court's ruling that the asylum scheme is unlawful

I would never have believed when Hunt was at Health that he’d go on to be one of very few current Tories that isn’t loathsome. He refuses to get drawn into ridiculous hyperbole and speaks a lot more sense than most of the current bunch. He’s becoming the Ken Clarke of the 2020s.

I would never have believed when Hunt was at Health that he’d go on to be one of very few current Tories that isn’t loathsome. He refuses to get drawn into ridiculous hyperbole and speaks a lot more sense than most of the current bunch. He’s becoming the Ken Clarke of the
My opinion of him improved during Covid when he was on the select committee.

It's not a high bar though given what's around him, but I prefer that he's in a position of power rather than the other numpties.

Last edited:
Front page spread for Braverman in the Torygraph regarding her plan to stop the judges from ruling against any new legislation to overturn the decision of the the Supreme Court regarding to Rwanda. I can understand them being loyal to the Conservatives but surely they can see through the far right shite side of the Party?

His father bribed that scholarship. It certainly was t granted for educational gifts as the lazy scarecrow was actually a morbidly average student.

Along the way (and not just recently) she has made some reasonable points about class and what that does to our political system. Unfortunately it's always buried amongst some total headbanging nonsense and then her own performance as an MP was completely dismal so it seriously devalues her own argument.

Back