• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

I don't doubt those people exist, I never said they didn't. Just I have no interest in listening to them and even less interest in pandering to them.

If we're going with vague anecdotal stuff then this is from the ground in Hunt's seat, as blue as you can get (the last time it or its direct predecessors returned anything but a Tory MP was 1906), Rwanda, Braverman and ECHR withdrawal are huge turn-offs.

Oh look. Pulling out of the ECHR is a direct and material breach of the Good Friday Agreement. That’s a bit of a bugger, eh Rishi?

I don't doubt those people exist, I never said they didn't. Just I have no interest in listening to them and even less interest in pandering to them.
The problem is ignoring /dismissing people like that starting with Blair and continuing with Cameron is why this country is in the shit that it is. The likes of Farage and Johnson understand them even if they are only motivated by for their own self interests and whatever you or I may think of them their vote is equal to ours

Well there's no endgame to listening to them, is there.

And they got what they wanted with first Brexit then Johnson. How did that end up?

Fuck them and leave it to grownups to deal with.

I mean, they don't care what I think, do they? I lost my European citizenship (which I was born with) and right to work anywhere across the continent (which I've previously used) because of them, I doubt they lose any sleep over it even though it matters deeply to me.

So I don't care what they think, especially as there is no hypothetical middle ground where we can meet.

The United Nations special rapporteur on climate change has written to the UK govt over concerns about sending non violent protesters to prison for years.

Have they? Didn’t know that. I thought they all got a few months.

I’m a bit conflicted here as I don’t think our sentencing guidelines actually need UN input.

Also why have the UN written to the UK government who have no control over sentencing of when we have an independent judiciary, as has been the way in this country for at least six times as long as the UN has existed?

Response should actually be mind your beeswax.

Rishi isn't having a great week at the covid enquiry. Seems he is pretty regularly being called a bullshitter....

Also why have the UN written to the UK government who have no control over sentencing of when we have an independent judiciary, as has been the way in this country for at least six times as long as the UN has existed?

Response should actually be mind your beeswax.
Here you go;

Back