• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

You're thinking of Canada, not NZ: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Canadian_federal_election

Fwiw as unbelievable as it might seem that it could happen here, the Tories would probably be reduced to low-double-digits seats if Labour's lead over them in a GE is more than around 22-23%. That's when seats like Mid Beds start flipping. It's at the highest end of current polling - and polls always tighten at least a bit as elections draw near - so probably not happening, but it's definitely not so implausible that we can rule it out as a possibility.

Definitely, totally impartial...

Gary Lineker’s ears will be burning. He’s living rent free in most of their heads.

I see Rish! feels the correct response to these drubbings is to raise the higher rate income tax threshold and give an effective tax cut to the well off. Way to read the room you dumb fuck.

Would be nice to see the examples but I’m not on the Elon Musk ego trip so can’t view them.

In other news the quite spectacularly stupid Liz Truss is going to present an “alternative budget” the week before Hunt does the real thing. Apparently she was right and has done the sums this time and can show all her working.

Pass the popcorn. The Conservative implosion is compelling viewing.

What’s the thread say? Elon Musk has deemed it necessary to make threads in his demesne unviewable to those that aren’t signed up. Can you copy and paste the thing?

That doesn't contradict it though, he could conceivably have changed phones multiple times and kept the same number and WhatsApp account, doesn't mean he backed up and restored. He did, obviously, but having the same number isn't a smoking gun

He wouldn’t have backed up necessarily but it is a guarantee that GCHQ would have done.

GCHQ can't crack WhatsApp encryption.

They wish they could, and the government has just passed a law to try and make that a possibility (but probably not, because encryption backdoors are insanely stupid), but yeah this isn't anything. WhatsApp is stored on-phone for the most part, with only the most recent messages stored on their servers. If you throw a phone away and don't have it backed up then that's it.

However - that doesn't mean, of course, that the people on the other sides of those conversations don't have their phones still, and it should be within the remit of an enquiry like this, in this kind of situation, to say "OK well you were talking with this list of people who are relevant to this, so we're going to subpoena them instead and piece together your chats from their side." And for some people that might already be possible too.

I’d be surprised if it wasn’t backed up. Pretty sure mine backs up everyday as a default (rightly so, why would I want to lose my stuff if my phone breaks or gets lost). Also allows me to just set up a new phone from my old one…

The same number means nothing. But it’s nonsense that it’s not backed up

Back