• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

They’re creating a rod for their own backs. The next time a prominent non news related presenter tweets something political they’ll be a pile on whether it be from the left or right.
As for Lineker being different to Sugar and Brady, click on the iplayer and it’s their mug shots that greets your arrival there. The viewing figures for that pile of shit is probably higher than MOTD.
The way out of it is if they compromise and Lineker says he’s off at the end of the season so that he can keep his opinion. The British Board of Conservatives will then be able to protect the government from criticism going forward.

BBC running scared of Lawyers For Israel. That is why this has escalated.

What a fucking mess, I fear for the future of the BBC, something the Tories have been planning for years.
I was brought up watching the BBC, my son’s were brought up watching the BBC, they still bring up to this day that I wouldn’t let them watch the A Team on a Saturday night.

What a fucking mess, I fear for the future of the BBC, something the Tories have been planning for years.
I was brought up watching the BBC, my son’s were brought up watching the BBC, they still bring up to this day that I wouldn’t let them watch the A Team on a Saturday night.
Top parenting Trevor!

Go on then. Enlighten me as to how a legal organisation relating to the Israeli state has any dog in this fight, where a state broadcaster has been pressured by a government to remove a presenter for a tweet comparing the language used by the same government with that used in mid thirties Germany? It has absolutely fuck all to do with them. Is your tin foil hat particularly shiny today?

Hence why they weren’t happy. Trevor made them sit through Bruce Forsyths generation game, followed by Val Doonican.
My parents used to make me watch swap shop. As soon as they left the room I put Tiswas on

My parents used to make me watch swap shop. As soon as they left the room I put Tiswas on
I was a strange child who’d have swap shop on to piss off my brother and sisters. Only one tv and being outnumbered by 4-1 meant that it wasn’t on for long. Always Grandstand afterwards though followed by a trek to Molineux (every few weeks) after Bob Wilson had finished football focus.

Swap Shop or Tiswas, Blue Peter or Magpie, Grandstand or World of Sport - big decisions back in the day.

Always thought the BBC shows were for the kids that did their homework on time and wore blazers. The ITV shows were for the kids that played football and rode Choppers.

The beeb shows always felt warm and safe, but it was ITV where the chaos and fun was.

Swap Shop or Tiswas, Blue Peter or Magpie, Grandstand or World of Sport - big decisions back in the day.

Always thought the BBC shows were for the kids that did their homework on time and wore blazers. The ITV shows were for the kids that played football and rode Choppers.

The beeb shows always felt warm and safe, but it was ITV where the chaos and fun was.
Spot on with all of this! I loved Tiswas and preferred Magpie and WOS to their Beeb counterparts. Played footie, hated Cricket but rode a Grifter rather than a Chopper!

Magpie and blue Peter were both shite and as I’m a bit younger than the previous two posters I had a second hand tomahawk. BMXs were the thing to have by the time I was about 11.

We live in a country with a large number of bigots and racists. We like to pretend we don't, but we do. They hide behind statements like "we are full", but we know what they mean. The vast majority of those replies and those from Tory MPs and the usual right wing mouthbreathers are factually incorrect, some deliberately, some because they don't care about facts and some because they are just thick.

There's a lot of good which comes from social media, but giving these people a voice and amplifying their views is one serious downside. I include the left in that as much as the right. This country has become one big culture war since 2016, I'm so tired of it.

Last edited:
Magpie and blue Peter were both shite and as I’m a bit younger than the previous two posters I had a second hand tomahawk. BMXs were the thing to have by the time I was about 11.
You youngsters opinion counts for nowt😉
I preferred Blue Peter to Magpie, but Tiswas to Swapshop.
I chose Grandstand or WOS depending on what they were showing but it was always, always Grandstand at 4pm for the wrestling with Kent Walton, watched with my dad.

Back