• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

Let's not stop at dehumanising them, let's criminalise them too. This country's political leadership is abhorrent.

He’s all for stopping the boats, giving immigrants yellow stars for on their clothing, and sending them to places where work sets you free, bet he drinks at spoons as well

We need a facepalm post reaction

Lineker is at the Leicester game. Hopefully all fans will chant something in support.

Nihal Arthanayake going in on Sharpe now.

One of the many questions raised by Gary and his tweets is while he has been asked to ‘step back’ why is a man who is reported to have donated £400k to the Conservative Party still the chairman of the BBC. I have been asked this many times now.

If perception is important how will the BBC deal with that issue?

I struggled with posting this because I felt fearful to do so. But then realised that this is a legitimate question that would be discussed on my show.

I feel sad that I should feel fearful though. I believe in the BBC passionately but consistency is important.

Wolves legend, Bill Slaters daughter is having to try and deal with the mess.

The BBC has apologised to staff after it dropped much of its sports programming this weekend, according to a leaked letter shared on Twitter by The Times’ chief football writer Henry Winter.

The letter, signed by Barbara Slater, the corporation’s director of sport, said:

We are sorry about the impact that the news relating to Gary Lineker and Match Of The Day is having across the department this weekend.
We understand how unsettling this is for all of you – the staff in BBC Sport and our freelance community – and we understand the strength of feeling which has been generated by this issue.
We have just released a statement to confirm that we will only be able to bring limited sports programming this weekend and our schedules will be updated to reflect that. We know that the changes we are making to programming will be disappointing for BBC Sport fans and for the Sport team.
Individual heads of department and lead editors will be updating teams as and when they can, so if you have any specific questions about your role, please contact your line manager.
We are working hard to resolve the situation and we will update you as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued hard work and professionalism.

Sky offering free highlights on their website this evening of all games "with commentary"

Current YouGov polling:
70% have a favourable view of Gary Lineker
70% think it was wrong for the BBC to suspend him
70% support his colleagues boycott

it’s all noise. Jonathan Pie has been smugly ‘nailing’ it for years. Just helps reinforce the culture war message.

BBC bosses are rumoured to have given the presenter a choice, either stop making politicised posts or give up his job with the national broadcaster and now the choice lies with Gary.

So if he stays, and then tweets something like ‘ good job by the government at getting inflation, unemployment down, and reaching out to the French re small boats’ would that be ok or political as far as the bbc would see it? Or is it just being critical they don’t like?
What if he says ‘come on Leicester council, you emptying the bins today’ that’s political if you want to be picky.
They’re hoping he backs down to get them out the hole they’ve dug, hopefully he tells em to do one, and wrighty, shearer and all the others jump ship as well

I think he will tell them to get fucked and the other walkouts will continue to down tools

Back