• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

The problem is that these arseholes are winning if you boycott the bbc. They don’t want balance and are petrified of it. If we all turn off then we’ll end up getting our news from the media moguls who will brainwash the nation.
That said I used to listen to fivelive on and off throughout the day but I’ve virtually given up on it apart from sports broadcasting. The quest for balance has left some programs impossible to listen to. At the heart of partygate they had to have people on to defend Johnson. A Tory councillor was put on who came out with the nearly lost his life, had a new baby in the house, under pressure and so on and the presenter asked her - is there anything that Johnson could do so that you wouldn’t support him - the answer was no.
With balance comes the duty to tell the truth. The BBCs problem is that the ones running it are frightening editorial staff into being wary of the government and a right wing backlash.
I listen to lbc during the day now. I dont agree with the political stances of some of the presenters but at least they can speak up and say what they think is right.

This is playing out as a perfect endgame for the conservatives. They destroy the corporation from inside, and in trying to stay alive it conforms to everything they want it to say. That’s shit.

Even on Newsnight last night the presenter had to keep replying to Alastair Campbell that Robbie Gibb has no input into editorial policy. In itself the statement is correct but that doesn’t stop him from sniping from the side. Both Lewis Goodhall and Emily Maitlis have stated that he interfered into their output when they were on the show.

Last edited:
The BBC are apparently pulling a David Attenborough documentary episode for 'fear of a right wing backlash'. How the fuck have we let this country sink so low that Sir David Attenborough programmes are in thrall to the fucking right wing? Fuck this government, fuck the media, fuck this country, it's a fucking cesspit of bigotry and absolute cunts. 😡😡😢

The BBC are apparently pulling a David Attenborough documentary episode for 'fear of a right wing backlash'. How the fuck have we let this country sink so low that Sir David Attenborough programmes are in thrall to the fucking right wing? Fuck this government, fuck the media, fuck this country, it's a fucking cesspit of bigotry and absolute cunts. 😡😡😢
BBC saying it was only ever intended for the iPlayer.
I posted a Guardian story on it yesterday and shortly after the BBC said its not true they have pulled it from a main channel

BBC saying it was only ever intended for the iPlayer.
I posted a Guardian story on it yesterday and shortly after the BBC said its not true they have pulled it from a main channel
Yeah right, I don't believe that, do you?

Yep, there's enough to go at them for without making stuff up

Last edited:
Final Score not showing today either.

Even Garth Crooks has bailed. If there is no team of the week I will be bereft
I hope its something like this

GK: Jose Sa. A great clean sheet, 3 top class saves, shame he couldn't save Gary though. His comments this week have helped to show us how our National broadcaster is now just a mouthpiece for a the Tory Party

RB: TAA. A great performance on the right. Unlike the BBC this week who showed they are now the mouthpiece for the Tory Party

Etc etc

The bb

bbc advertised it a while ago as a new five part series, the “banned” episode is a separate RSPB/WWF funded programme made by the same team.
So essentially it hasn't been 'pulled', they were aware of the content and decided not to broadcast it with the rest of the series of which it was part? So not pulled at all then...

Back