• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

Spectacular play by the cunts in charge.

Come up with a foul policy.
Get criticised by a famous presenter at the public service broadcaster.
Sabre rattle about something must be done.
Chairman of public broadcaster who is utterly tainted by links to the government carries out the government wish.
Discover this move is less than universally popular.
Issue statement that the move is an internal BBC matter and nothing to do with the government.
Carry on with the hideous policy as a nice fat smokescreen has been created and everyone is talking about the presenter being effectively suspended.

Absolute wankers.

They will have to pay Sky for direct feeds. They can’t send it out without commentary.

Just going back to Fiona Bruce excusing Stanley Johnson's domestic violence.

She is/was an ambassador for Refuge. A charity which helps victims of domestic violence escape their abusers.

Just going back to Fiona Bruce excusing Stanley Johnson's domestic violence.

She is/was an ambassador for Refuge. A charity which helps victims of domestic violence escape their abusers.
Google her husband.

At least 6 commentators for MOTD will boycott tomorrow.

Just need all the fans to sing "Fuck the Tories" all game so the audio is unbroadcastable.

Whether you are left or right wing (or prefer to play through the middle) this is a huge wound in Britain's belief in free speech.

Matt Le Tissier been on GB News (how is this still a thing?) tonight whinging that Ian Wright didn't stand in solidarity with him when Sky sacked him. Couple of things.

1. You weren't sacked, your contract ran out and they didn't renew it. Possibly because of your views on BLM, or just because you're shit.

2. Why would Ian Wright stop doing MOTD because sky got rid of you? What are you talking about?

Maybe Wrighty thinks you're a cunt?

I don't understand why the BBC have contorted themselves this way, there was such an easy way out. "Gary is entitled to his own personal opinions and we are delighted with his work as host of MOTD". The end.

Complete self-sabotage for no reason.

Here we go.

I wish someone from the BBC or indeed this shitstain of a Government would point out how exactly Lineker was wrong.

As someone who studied German, linguistics, German 20th century history and lived in Germany, I would say he is absolutely right, as is the caller above. It's appalling rhetoric from someone who was sacked mere months ago for breaching the Ministerial Code.

Why are they backing her and not him?

Pretty much every morning when I’m at home I’ve watched BBC Breakfast since forever. Couldn’t bring myself to watch it today, feels really quite sad - I’ve always been a massive BBC fan.

Pretty much every morning when I’m at home I’ve watched BBC Breakfast since forever. Couldn’t bring myself to watch it today, feels really quite sad - I’ve always been a massive BBC fan.
Know what you mean, I'm a big fan of the BBC, well its programming anyway, for me it's the best provider of a broad range of programmes by a country mile. However this latest furore is leaving a bitter taste. For the moment I will continue to watch my favourite programmes but will monitor the situation.
This just may turn out to highlight the current imbalance at the top of the corporation, although I have no idea if there are any ex Labour councillors or party leaders in the higher echelons of the BBC.

Back