• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leeds (H) build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell, can't cope with the Blades - Fulham updates tonight. 2-3 as I write. But a sign of how far we have come: Liverpool are currently whacking Sevilla 3-0. And they believe they can strengthen their team by buying Romain Saiss from us. What a time to be alive

He's having a good season. It could be his Michu year and we'll never hear from him again.

It was cringe.

But let's move on and talk about football instead.

Leon bloody Clarke has scored again (twice!). What's actually going on?

Those of us that have 25/1 Leo to be top scorer are getting a bit pissed off

Bloody hell, can't cope with the Blades - Fulham updates tonight. 2-3 as I write. But a sign of how far we have come: Liverpool are currently whacking Sevilla 3-0. And they believe they can strengthen their team by buying Romain Saiss from us. What a time to be alive
Saïss was a target pre-Fosun, wasn't he? I wonder how turned his head would be at that kind of link...

Leon Clarke is rubbish, rubbish players sometimes go on weird scoring streaks. See Sedgley and Olofinjana down here for instance.

Saïss was a target pre-Fosun, wasn't he? I wonder how turned his head would be at that kind of link...

Doubt we were looking at him pre-Fosun unless it was a straight choice between him and Coady (and I really doubt that).

Nonsense link anyway I think. Although Stearman had a similar one to Liverpool back in 2009, maybe that's what made him rubbish after that. If we ignore him being a bit rubbish beforehand.

Leon Clarke is rubbish, rubbish players sometimes go on weird scoring streaks. See Sedgley and Olofinjana down here for instance.

he is a footballing shed. Overweight, slow, and the turning circle of the QE2 but somehow Wilder has him scoring. It happens. See Doherty- Matt

How much did we pay for Romain? £4.5M? Too much for us pre-Fosun I'd think.

he is a footballing shed. Overweight, slow, and the turning circle of the QE2 but somehow Wilder has him scoring. It happens. See Doherty- Matt

He's not really fat now tbf and hasn't been for a while. He wasn't fat in his second spell here, just idle.

Doherty is a different case, he's doing fairly well because we aren't exposing his glaring weaknesses. In the one game this season where he was asked to play as an orthodox full back (at Sheff Utd) he was atrocious, as he can't defend. He even thinks it's a laughing matter.

Could be totally misremembering, I recall him and Prince being credited to Thelwell's French connection at some point. Could easily have dreamt that, though.

Could be totally misremembering, I recall him and Prince being credited to Thelwell's French connection at some point. Could easily have dreamt that, though.

What French connection? Thelwell wasn't behind Sako, Doumbia, Boukari etc.

The scope for signings immediately increased when we were taken over of course. And it's perfectly possible that the scouting team might have thought "he's a good player" while watching some Ligue Un game or other (not that we really looked too hard on the continent back then) but that doesn't mean he was viewed as a realistic signing. I'm sure Big Kev would be impressed by Benzema's work tonight but it doesn't mean we're going to bring him in after Christmas. No way Saiss was really on our radar, we couldn't afford him and he wouldn't have come.

LEAVE_IT_YEAH_1352214483.jpg

How much did we pay for Romain? £4.5M? Too much for us pre-Fosun I'd think.

Considering our only signing before Fosun came in pre-season was Lonergan, I would say anything over £5 was too much for us

And for those stateside, down load the espn3 app and watch our games live!!

nice to see shameless objectification of women is alive and well. You cant beat standards. Especially when you can double them.

I posted the picture originally and I don't comment in the politics threads. So there's no double standards from where I'm sitting. Have a day off, mate.

As for football, would love for Fulham to hold on tonight. If we can get a win tomorrow that'll be a nice 5 point gap. Also noticed Bolton are comfortably beating Reading. Saturday is going to be a lot tougher than people think. They'll be 7 games unbeaten come kick off.

nice to see shameless objectification of women is alive and well. You cant beat standards. Especially when you can double them.

Still not getting it are you Miss Marple? Nice to see you don't bear grudges and aren't trolling lots of threads. I'm sure you'll work it all out eventually, after all that's what you were good at weren't you?

As for the football, nice to see Fulham doing us a favour. Just need Barnsley now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back