• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leeds (H) build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally resurfaced from a running nose, thick head & fair bit of sleeping (interspersed with violent bouts of sneezing) & given the state of this thread am quite happy that I was not around.

Re football - agree no changes really needed (though would not have a problem if Nuno brought any of Douglas, Miranda or Batth back in) - up front same three please unlesss Nuno thinks that a change is beneficial

I just think you have to be very careful when you start using a woman's physical appearance as a reason to make a decision that is really unrelated to it.
Nobody was doing that. At all.

I agree 100%.

I moved to this forum for mature and intelligent discussion. In the past few months the tone of the forum has changed for the worse.

Can we please just have adult, interesting football chats without all the teenage bull$#@!?

+1. In fact, plus a lot more than one. When this forum talks seriously about football it is really good. But the pathetic squabbles are gradually ruining it

Looking forward to this, I may even shell out for the game via the leeds tv, regardless of presenter choice!

Chatting to a couple of Leeds fans in the office and they dont seem to be overly confident of a result, and having watched them at the weekend I think we have a good chance of creating a gap at the top of the league (that felt good to type!). Though Wolves would normally choke at this sort of opportunity.....

Who's around for the game tonight then?

Looking forward to this, I may even shell out for the game via the leeds tv, regardless of presenter choice!

Chatting to a couple of Leeds fans in the office and they dont seem to be overly confident of a result, and having watched them at the weekend I think we have a good chance of creating a gap at the top of the league (that felt good to type!). Though Wolves would normally choke at this sort of opportunity.....

Careful! You're moving into my superstitious territory! I think we will be fine tonight. Bolton however, has me reaching for the talisman!

why are people looking to watch through leeds tv rather than ours (apart from the presenter factor) ?

I'm not going to engage in the whole female presenter discussion other than replying to the comment about her involvement in something as 'funny' as Mrs Browns Boys: so funny like a napalm enema funny I take it?

why are people looking to watch through leeds tv rather than ours (apart from the presenter factor) ?

Not sure. Possible confusion that Leeds TV are showing it in the UK.

I just think you have to be very careful when you start using a woman's physical appearance as a reason to make a decision that is really unrelated to it.

Alan, with all due respect - the conversation about Emma Jones would have quickly passed without issue and soon got back on to football, had a few people and their 'fake outrage' not created a problem.

As soon as people look to get offended over nothing, it then drags on to several pages and ruins a perfectly good thread.

As football forums go, this is certainly one of the better boards when it comes to "male banter/content". A couple of pictures were posted - so what? Get over it and move on.

I will close this thread if the conversation doesn't move back to football and then it will be ruined for everyone (and it won't be the people who posted or commented on Emma Jones that have caused the closure). Your choice.

Not sure. Possible confusion that Leeds TV are showing it in the UK.

I think this is spot on. Leeds have the same rights as Wolves to show this game to UK based fans. So if you're in the UK, you won't be able to pay £5 and watch the game through either the Wolves or Leeds websites (is my understanding).

Alan, with all due respect - the conversation about Emma Jones would have quickly passed without issue and soon got back on to football, had a few people and their 'fake outrage' not created a problem.

As soon as people look to get offended over nothing, it then drags on to several pages and ruins a perfectly good thread.

As football forums go, this is certainly one of the better boards when it comes to "male banter/content". A couple of pictures were posted - so what? Get over it and move on.

I will close this thread if the conversation doesn't move back to football and then it will be ruined for everyone (and it won't be the people who posted or commented on Emma Jones that have caused the closure). Your choice.

It's not "fake outrage" or "looking to get offended". I genuinely found it a little distasteful, and as such that opinion should be respected and allowed to expressed and supported in the face of opposition.

have i missed something here ? what's all the fuss about ? someone posting a picture of a fully clothed woman ?
for god sake get a life !!

Me, Dan & Stan Hullis should be kicking around by then. Not sure where we'll be though.

Spoke to Dan yesterday and said I'll drop him a text when I land, will find you all somewhere

I think this is spot on. Leeds have the same rights as Wolves to show this game to UK based fans. So if you're in the UK, you won't be able to pay £5 and watch the game through either the Wolves or Leeds websites (is my understanding).

I'm not sure whether it's the same as Derby TV, but with Derby TV you could sign up with a UK address, use a UK bank account and watch on your I-pad, something I don't think you can do with Wolves TV.

It's not "fake outrage" or "looking to get offended". I genuinely found it a little distasteful, and as such that opinion should be respected and allowed to expressed and supported in the face of opposition.

There are plenty of posts on this forum that I find "distasteful". Do I kick a fuss up over each and every one of them to the point a full on debate unfolds over several pages of a perfectly good thread? No. Others could do with taking that on board.

As I say, it would have soon blown over had people not decided to get all high & mighty.

Now lets draw a line under this and get back to Wolves/Leeds.

There are plenty of posts on this forum that I find "distasteful". Do I kick a fuss up over each and every one of them to the point a full on debate unfolds over several pages of a perfectly good thread? No. Others could do with taking that on board.

As I say, it would have soon blown over had people not decided to get all high & mighty.

Now lets draw a line under this and get back to Wolves/Leeds.

That's your prerogative. I think anyone is entitled to express their opposition to what they find offensive. It would be unhealthy not to. If you think it's trivial, then ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back