• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lambert

Weimann and Marshall didn't have to wait.

What was the phrase PL used after the Wigan game? "Angry and disappointed", Yeah, me too.

Especially Marshall - PL played him when he clearly wasn't fit

Lambo said post-match that he'd spoken to one of the owners (Guo?) for the first time today and the support is 100% there.

I think he'll know how much work needs doing, just get to 50+ points as quickly as we can.

I think today (and the other cup games) shows Lambert can get the tactics right, I think he shpuld now have an idea of who he needs to keep next season and which areas he needs to buy in. I want him to stop experimenting now and pick what he thinks are his best players in their best position and try and build some kind of style

Defensive tactics yes, attacking no.. Unfortunately

If we expect the other team to have more possession and attack us, then the tactics are ok. And by ok I mean lump it to the striker or give it Costa, then hope something happens.

When the onus is on us to take the game to them we look short of ideas I'm afraid.

When the onus is on us to take the game to them we look short of ideas I'm afraid.

Comes down to being able to take control of that type of game and with the best will in the world having Edwards and Saville as two of a three man midfield rules out that possibility, especially when one full back is a complete waste of time with the ball at his feet and the other doesn't look like a pro footballer half the time.

It's something he needs to work out and quickly because Tuesday was unacceptable and with Blues/Rotherham as our next two scheduled home games we need maximum points from them, no doubt at all.

Defensive tactics yes, attacking no.. Unfortunately

Don't think there was anything wrong with our attacking tactics today, just we don't currently have enough up top to turn it into goals. As for bossing the game creatively, not much we can do till we get reinforcements in the summer. IMO the only option we have at the moment to unlock massed defences is Ronan and I think he should figure more often than not despite his age

Don't think there was anything wrong with our attacking tactics today, just we don't currently have enough up top to turn it into goals. As for bossing the game creatively, not much we can do till we get reinforcements in the summer. IMO the only option we have at the moment to unlock massed defences is Ronan and I think he should figure more often than not despite his age
..and in the last home games?

We were doing fine attacking wise until Cav got injured. When he did we lost a proper threat on both sides and we're much easier to defend against. I quite like Weimann but so far he hasn't done enough to suggest he's the answer out there, he shouldn't be playing quite so far out wide for me, much more of an inside forward.

We were doing fine attacking wise until Cav got injured. When he did we lost a proper threat on both sides and we're much easier to defend against. I quite like Weimann but so far he hasn't done enough to suggest he's the answer out there, he shouldn't be playing quite so far out wide for me, much more of an inside forward.

I have always liked weimann too. Maybe he will start showing more.. Never been that striker dan though (rather have yakubu haha).. Seriously always good movement and footballing brain, a bit like keogh i guess

We know that we havent got the personale to switch the back four around, but at least make a point to the current fucktards in there. Can we recall EEL (Before you say anything, bringing him straight in would lay his intentions and tell Batth, Stearman you are wank and I dont want to see anymore) Hause what has this kid done, he's been the better out of the three when he's played but on the bench again. Is Iorfa still injured before I go on about why he's not included.

The midfield and forward lines also need uprooting but again like the defence we havent got the people in there. It's either Price, Edwards, Saville, Saiss for three of the spots, thats fucking depressing. The forward line needed adding too in the window but no Dicko, Mason and Bod are fine Lambert says..

I tell you one thing lose to Rotherham he will lose the fans and I'l want his head.

If we do go down at the exspense of either Wigan or Blackburn then his fuck would out do what Saunders did.
He's only being saved from severe pressure because of the victory at Anfield but that's now starting to dwindle.
Lose the next two away games then the atmosphere at home to Rotherham could be toxic.

Starting to get disillusioned with Lambert now after Friday's game, though don't see the point of binning him at this point (unless they have lined up a masterstroke to take over immediately, and don't think Fosun have the experience to do that). Just have to hope that at least 2 others teams are worse than us (only 2 as Rotherham are in reality gone already).

If we bin him then it will almost certainly have to be an internal candidate as temporary manager & can't see an obvious individual. Rob Edwards doesn't inspire (he would have known that he had a limited number of games when Zenga went - he didn't). Scott Sellars is the only possible other option as he does at least manage a team.

If Fosun are not comfortable continuing into next season with PL then they need to pull the trigger early & have a plan in place as to who is wanted to come in so that they have a decent run into the start of the 17/18 season, though they need to sort out the recruitment policy at the same time.

Starting to get disillusioned with Lambert now after Friday's game, though don't see the point of binning him at this point (unless they have lined up a masterstroke to take over immediately, and don't think Fosun have the experience to do that). Just have to hope that at least 2 others teams are worse than us (only 2 as Rotherham are in reality gone already).

If we bin him then it will almost certainly have to be an internal candidate as temporary manager & can't see an obvious individual. Rob Edwards doesn't inspire (he would have known that he had a limited number of games when Zenga went - he didn't). Scott Sellars is the only possible other option as he does at least manage a team.

If Fosun are not comfortable continuing into next season with PL then they need to pull the trigger early & have a plan in place as to who is wanted to come in so that they have a decent run into the start of the 17/18 season, though they need to sort out the recruitment policy at the same time.

Yeah, I was quite encouraged after his first few games in charge, certainly up to the Liverpool game, seemed to have a bit of tactical nouse and was trying a few different options but the last 3 home league games are making me scratch my head a bit

Not disillusioned with him TBH - disappointed with some of the inclusions of late obviously but I blame the players first and foremost - he's still got a lot to do to get this squad how he wants it.

I saw a stat earlier which said that out of the 27 players Tony Pulis inherited at Albion, 21 are no longer there. I think that's the level of cull we need here - as well as a change behind the scenes as well.

But I want Lambert to stay and get the opportunity to utilise a Fosun-driven transfer window in the summer when he'll have a good idea of what does work and what doesn't.

Lambert perplexes me at times but he's still got my support.

Worry for me with Lambert is how much control he has - the extended contracts for mediocre players is worrying. If he does then that reduces my faith in him further - if he doesn't then I have to wonder who is running the show

Not disillusioned with him TBH - disappointed with some of the inclusions of late obviously but I blame the players first and foremost - he's still got a lot to do to get this squad how he wants it.

I saw a stat earlier which said that out of the 27 players Tony Pulis inherited at Albion, 21 are no longer there. I think that's the level of cull we need here - as well as a change behind the scenes as well.

But I want Lambert to stay and get the opportunity to utilise a Fosun-driven transfer window in the summer when he'll have a good idea of what does work and what doesn't.

Lambert perplexes me at times but he's still got my support.

Genuine question, what do you see in him that gives you confidence he can turn it around?

Genuine question, what do you see in him that gives you confidence he can turn it around?
Performances in games such as Liverpool, Stoke, Villa, Barnsley (apparently - going by heresay on this one).

I don't think it's accurate to say it's been 100% awful. I'd like to see what he can do with his own squad. Which this clearly isn't.

I'd like to add that I'm not pleased with his performance just lately, with his tactics or lineups. Just that I'd rather wait to judge him fully after he's had the chance to properly stamp his mark on the club.

Back