• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lambert

alf.jpg

I would swap Morgan for fosun. They are however still learning. As long as they learn the lessons of this year and we stay up then we will be better with fosun.

Sorry Johnny but calling Frank's comment racist is as wide of the mark as Alan was when he called us all racists for saying Iorfa was big and powerful
Well, that wasn't quite the point... [emoji28]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Well, that wasn't quite the point... [emoji28]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I was going to say this but I think we can leave that discussion for another time...

Ask Kevin Thelwell. I know which pub in Stafford he drinks in, I'd ask him myself but I suspect I wouldn't be able to do it politely.
Tell me I'll ask him

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Ha! I've calmed down a bit now. We appear to have mutual friends now too - his wife and him popped up on my Facebook feed a couple of days ago :(

his wife and him popped up on my Facebook feed a couple of days ago :(
Don't tell me it's a joint Facebook account? That's something I need to add to "the things that annoy me thread"

Joan and George Mildred... Or another Hannah Lloyd was Montana

Tell me I'll ask him

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Ask him if he's happy stealing a living and hiding out of his depth.

And before your next question, yes, I could do a miles better job than him and would be happy to do any interview.

Does anyone remember WBA fans chanting "Sammy Chung and his Chinese take-aways!" in the mid 1970s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been sat with the Millwall fans today?

I am beginning to question whether Lambert has the mental strength for football management. Like everyone he is fine when things are going well but when they're not, he doesn't seem to handle the situation well. By all accounts at Villa he almost had a breakdown when the shit was hitting the fan and now, after a dreadful month he seems to be petrified and retreating into his cell whilst spouting nonsensical drivel. It concerns me that he doesn't have what it takes to inspire and motivate during a bad spell and so far it is looking very much that way

With McLaren being fired by Derby, Lambert should be very concerned. McLaren's record of winning 12 and losing eight of his 26 games is far superior to Lambert's whose own record (excluding cups) is on a par with Saunders. Wouldn't want McLaren here but can't see a dramatic upturn of form over the next couple of months, or more importantly next season with Lambert at the helm.

With McLaren being fired by Derby, Lambert should be very concerned. McLaren's record of winning 12 and losing eight of his 26 games is far superior to Lambert's whose own record (excluding cups) is on a par with Saunders. Wouldn't want McLaren here but can't see a dramatic upturn of form over the next couple of months, or more importantly next season with Lambert at the helm.

There's obviously been one review of Wolves structure this season with faith now placed in Kevin Thelwell and a British knows best attitude. So as long as Paul Lambert retains the confidence of Kevin Thelwell we shouldn't anticipate any change soon. They seem to be on the same page.

There's obviously been one review of Wolves structure this season with faith now placed in Kevin Thelwell and a British knows best attitude. So as long as Paul Lambert retains the confidence of Kevin Thelwell we shouldn't anticipate any change soon. They seem to be on the same page.
Trouble is the page is out of thelwells how to sign and play bang average players and football

I am beginning to question whether Lambert has the mental strength for football management. Like everyone he is fine when things are going well but when they're not, he doesn't seem to handle the situation well. By all accounts at Villa he almost had a breakdown when the $#@! was hitting the fan and now, after a dreadful month he seems to be petrified and retreating into his cell whilst spouting nonsensical drivel. It concerns me that he doesn't have what it takes to inspire and motivate during a bad spell and so far it is looking very much that way

Really interesting point - the thing you noticed when he came here was much happier and healthier he looked. I'd say the re-appearance of the Lambert beard will be a sign it's all going downhill for him

What's concerning me right now is looking back at his latter Villa days, he basically had two modes (which diametrically oppose each other, so it's odd for a manager to use both). One was actively shunning possession, trying to get results with <30% of the ball, just looking to use pace up front on the break and nothing else, the midfield might as well not have been there. We saw that through February. The other was aimless possession, typically around the halfway line which went absolutely nowhere. We saw that yesterday.

I know he *can* set teams up properly so we need to avoid either of those approaches. We all know that there are massive weaknesses right through the squad but that doesn't mean we have to play like we did against Wigan at one extreme or against Rotherham at the other.

Hopefully Cav coming back and the return of us having a genuine threat on either side sorts us out.

Back