• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

KJ Recount: Has KJ Lost all support

Kenny Jackett IN or OUT (closes 18/12)

• Total voters
We are waiting for a new owner, and we WILL NOT rock the boat.

We will die, a SLOW death, but we will not rock the fucking boat.
Jeez give me a gun!

Anything other than a proper challenge for the playoffs in this league is unacceptable. Being as we haven't been out of the bottom half since the 24th of October I would say this is not a proper challenge, even if some might delude themselves into thinking that we're only six points off and it's doable. For us to make up that kind of deficit then we realistically need to be going on a run of 13 points from 15 or similar. Anyone see that happening? When we don't bother attacking piss poor teams at home?

Everyone on here hates Hoddle, well at this stage of his only full season he had us 7th. And he'd won double the amount of home games that Ken has managed this season.

Consolidation would be insufficient, however we have regressed significantly from the end of last term.

Well, I was going to type something about how ludicrous the suggestion that wolves should need to 'consolidate'..... In the fucking championship, but, (and this also happens to sum up my feelings for both football in general and now wolves too) I actually can't be fucking bothered.

I don't. Consolidation would be absolutely fine upstairs with the big boys. In the Championship it is simply not good enough.

'A given league' isn't just the Championship though. Consolidation for us in the Premier League would be a huge achievement.

For the record I agree consolidation in the Championship is not something we should even be considering let alone be content with, I was referring to Alan's post.

I thought you meant 'the board' as opposed to the Premier. Sorry. Shouldn't reply after nine craft beers.

Jesus chaps don't get hung up on a word.

Perhaps I haven't been clear, we clearly aren't going anywhere so this gives us a chance to blood some of the kids like Hause and Graham.

Consolidation? Bringing the kids through?

I'm not happy about it but that's what we have!

We aren't really bringing them through though. Enobakhare's spot on the bench where he might get 10-20 minutes a game has been taken up by the ample arse of Grant Holt, who never comes on (thankfully). Ebanks-Landell wouldn't be playing now if Williamson hadn't been recalled, I wouldn't rule out us signing him on a free in January once Newcastle have done a bit of business. Graham has been played as an absolute last resort. Byrne never plays. Wallace is resolutely behind nearly 30 year old Edwards who has zero development in him and contributes next to nothing. Eusebio, Deslandes, Weeks, Ronan - they don't even get near the bench.

If we genuinely were chucking kids in and giving them a go in a nothing season I'd be a lot more enthused than I currently am.

Add to that McAlinden and Evans... Both bombed out on loan, with McAlinden suffering the same indignity last season as Bright this, stuck behind Clarke

Oh dear! whether you think out transfers this summer were good or total shiite, they should at least be getting a game every now and then so we can see if they are shiite or not.
Deadly Dave is a big, one club man, and congrats for that, but give the fucker a box for his family and friends, just because he's a nice guy he doesn't need to own the team, and KJ doesn't really need to be dropping his trousers for him every week.

the stats say it all, and they say thanks but fuck off Deadly.

Think the big problem with Bright, as was with McAlinden before, is the complete lack of football when included in the first team 18.

He was getting virtually no time off the bench and was completely removed from U21 squads to fulfil that duty. Given his age you'd imagine he's still got some progression to be made through that level so I don't see any real harm in him dropping back down for the time being, whereas McAlinden was a fair bit older and had nothing to prove with the U21s.

Still seems pointless bringing Holt in though, why not just let Bright play the midweek U21 games and still perform first team bench duty. If he picks up a knock then it shouldn't be any harm short term to only have 2 forwards when only usually playing 1, if it's longer term then you bring a replacement in.

Think the big problem with Bright, as was with McAlinden before, is the complete lack of football when included in the first team 18.

He was getting virtually no time off the bench and was completely removed from U21 squads to fulfil that duty. Given his age you'd imagine he's still got some progression to be made through that level so I don't see any real harm in him dropping back down for the time being, whereas McAlinden was a fair bit older and had nothing to prove with the U21s.

Still seems pointless bringing Holt in though, why not just let Bright play the midweek U21 games and still perform first team bench duty. If he picks up a knock then it shouldn't be any harm short term to only have 2 forwards when only usually playing 1, if it's longer term then you bring a replacement in.

You've also got Wilson & Ennis behind Enobakhare, it wouldn't do them any harm to sit on the bench and get the odd 5-10 minutes in the first team if one of the first choice forwards picked up a knock.

Its a bang average league and we are a bang average team with a bang average squad but a manager who shows too much faith in some and not enough in others. We are where we are but as I have said before I just cannot see the board sacking Kenny unless we have a real shit run of defeats. If we finsih 14th they wont care too much as long as we don t go down and have made a profit. The thing is I dont know enough about our youngsters as I havent seen enough of them as they are not getting game time. The circle of strife so to speak. Dont know- wait untiol after Xmas for me and see what we do between now and then

You've also got Wilson & Ennis behind Enobakhare, it wouldn't do them any harm to sit on the bench and get the odd 5-10 minutes in the first team if one of the first choice forwards picked up a knock.
Indeed, no harm in letting them all go about their U21 business as normal and whoever is doing best gets the reward of a place on the bench, fitness permitting.

It's not like they're going to be too knackered for a 10 minute spell off the bench if they have done a full game a few days before.

Its a bang average league and we are a bang average team with a bang average squad but a manager who shows too much faith in some and not enough in others. We are where we are but as I have said before I just cannot see the board sacking Kenny unless we have a real shit run of defeats. If we finsih 14th they wont care too much as long as we don t go down and have made a profit. The thing is I dont know enough about our youngsters as I havent seen enough of them as they are not getting game time. The circle of strife so to speak. Dont know- wait untiol after Xmas for me and see what we do between now and then

At least playnthe kids and give us some idea of the real future, as compared to the magic fucking roundabout we are getting every week now.

Back